You are here

Bss dpr 404 rocking horse..

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Bss dpr 404 rocking horse..

Postby manleyelop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:58 am

I already have a dpr 404 bought it yrs ago & it's in great condition i fancied another for my p.a but they seem pretty rare these days can't find a decent one anywhere
Anyone have one of these lying around gathering dust :tongue:
manleyelop
Regular

Re: Bss dpr 404 rocking horse..

Postby manleyelop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Hi Wonks

i saw that one but it looks a little battered (guess it still works though ) :tongue: & im not good at repairs maybe if i could locate those caps,i have a dbx 1046 but prefer the 404
manleyelop
Regular

Postby Wonks » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 pm

It's only the round bits of plastic that sit in the fronts of the knobs that are missing. Normally fairly easy to find replacement knobs, or very similar looking knobs. It obviously works, so no electronics to repair. You'll only need to get a suitable nut-driver to remove the existing knobs. BSS are still going, so send an email to them and you may even get some replacement caps or knobs from them - or at least they could recommend suitable replacements.

https://bssaudio.com/en

I have no idea whether it's a good price or not though. Is that around what you'd expect to pay?
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby manleyelop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Wonks wrote:It's only the round bits of plastic that sit in the fronts of the knobs that are missing. Normally fairly easy to find replacement knobs, or very similar looking knobs. It obviously works, so no electronics to repair. You'll only need to get a suitable nut-driver to remove the existing knobs. BSS are still going, so send an email to them and you may even get some replacement caps or knobs from them - or at least they could recommend suitable replacements.

I have no idea whether it's a good price or not though. Is that around what you'd expect to pay?

Cheers i'll email Bssaudio see if they have the replacement caps,i reckon they are around £300 in good condition the one i have is mint but i didn't realise they were so rare these days until i wanted one
manleyelop
Regular

Postby manleyelop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:22 pm

manleyelop wrote:
Wonks wrote:It's only the round bits of plastic that sit in the fronts of the knobs that are missing. Normally fairly easy to find replacement knobs, or very similar looking knobs. It obviously works, so no electronics to repair. You'll only need to get a suitable nut-driver to remove the existing knobs. BSS are still going, so send an email to them and you may even get some replacement caps or knobs from them - or at least they could recommend suitable replacements.

Cheers i'll email Bssaudio see if they have the replacement caps,i reckon they are around £300 in good condition the one i have is mint but i didn't realise they were so rare these days until i wanted one

Im wondering maybe i should go for a DBX 160a or a bss 402 never used either but im wanting a decent comp for bass & drums hmm
manleyelop
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:03 pm

manleyelop wrote:...maybe if i could locate those caps...

They look like standard SIFAM collet knobs to me. Readily available and easy to replace if you have the appropriate nut spanner:

http://www.sifam.co.uk/knobsSelector.as ... obs_Collet

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby manleyelop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:
manleyelop wrote:...maybe if i could locate those caps...

Readily available and easy to replace if you have the appropriate nut spanner:

http://www.sifam.co.uk/knobsSelector.as ... obs_Collet

H
I have nothing like that to be honest plus i wouldn't know one knob over another but thanks
manleyelop
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby manleyelop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:09 pm

manleyelop
Regular