You are here

Mastering machine not recognising PT

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Mastering machine not recognising PT

Postby hannahjazzz » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:15 pm

Hey

I am looking for some advice on how to
Hook my mastering machine (tc finaliser express) to my pro tools LE 8. I am using a digi 003 as my interface. There’s no problems with the wiring. I have tried both RCA and optical connections.

The problem is I can’t get the input to read on the mastering machine as it’s not recognising my pro tools playing. On the machine I have both set to digital input and digital output and the 48hz indicator is flashing.

I think it’s something in pro tools set up that’s not recognising the mastering machine.

I’ve tried multiple attempts to mess around with the settings in the setup but have found nothing I’d making the master read protools input.

If someone can shed some light it would be really helpful.

Thanks

Hannah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hannahjazzz
Poster

Re: Mastering machine not recognising PT

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:18 pm

hannahjazzz wrote:The problem is I can’t get the input to read on the mastering machine as it’s not recognising my pro tools playing. On the machine I have both set to digital input and digital output and the 48hz indicator is flashing.

The sample rate light flashing means the box isn't receiving a valid input signal, which could be because you've not configured the appropriate connection formats, or it could be a clock-loop problem.

So your first job is to configure the 003 to send, and the Finalizer to receive, a workable digital input signal, and then select the Finalizer's clock source to be the relevant digital input, and run the 003 on its internal clock.

Once you've cracked that and the sample rate light no longer flashes, you can worry about getting the Finalizer's output back into the 003.

For reference, the Finalizer manual is here: http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/216656/tc_electronic_finalizer_express_manual_english.pdf

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby hannahjazzz » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Thank you so much for replying.

To access the digi 003 internal clock do I access it through pro tools set up hardware window?

Thanks

hannahjazzz
Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:33 pm

It will be set up from the hardware control software for the 003. Page 29 of the manual:

http://www.liveline.be/wa_files/DIGIDESIGN-RACK003.pdf
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby hannahjazzz » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Thank you. I’ll let you know how it goes!

hannahjazzz
Poster