You are here

Recent 'Trevor Horn' videos on Youtube

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Recent 'Trevor Horn' videos on Youtube

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri May 03, 2019 2:00 am

Earlier today I watched the two latest Trevor Horn videos from the SOS Youtube channel.

I absolutely love this sort of content. Its non-scripted conversational approach whereby someone who's been there and done that (and Trevor is a great example of this) just gets to reminisce, talk freely and do a bit of 'show and tell' to the camera is refreshing and so watchable.

I picked up both tips and inspiration from the videos.

Bravo! More! :clap:
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, raising money for charity via music created by forum members at https://sosforumalbum.bandcamp.com

Re: Recent 'Trevor Horn' videos on Youtube

Postby desmond » Fri May 03, 2019 2:07 am

Also really enjoyed this, and am a fan of much of his work...
Really nice "get" for SOS, for sure.

For more content in this direction, I'd love to have a long video of Steve Lipson going through the Propaganda multitracks for "A Secret Wish"... :thumbup:
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby IAA » Fri May 03, 2019 7:36 am

Agree, listening to Trevor talk through a great YES track is a delight. Loved how the demo survived in many ways as well as some of the less is more approach. In “owner” it’s the space for the unusual (those fairlight stabs and samples and synclavier runs) that really caught our attention back in the day. It makes me think about giving more space in my own work and wind back from adding yet more to a soundscape that’s running out of room.

It’s also great to hear that individual tracks can sound distinctly odd solo’d but in the mix wow man!

Loved it and what a great laconic style he has. A master.

Ian
IAA
Regular

Postby Dave B » Fri May 03, 2019 8:27 am

+1 - I was just about to post a 'thank you' thread myself. Great vids and great to hear the breakdown of a classic track
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)