You are here

subscription renewal

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

subscription renewal

Postby stemwinder » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi SOS,

I am trying to renew my subscription and am confused.

The email I received says I have 1 issue to go, but unhelpfully doesn't tell me which the last issue is, and the months on the issues do not coincide with the actual month it is published (I think they are published early.

When I click the link in the email, I must decide the issue I want to start my new subs from. Why can't either...

- the email say you last issue is July 2019, or
- the website renewal form automatically start at the correct issue (it may do this, but I am not sure).

I tried to call but just got VM.

Pls help!!!

Darren
stemwinder
Poster

Re: subscription renewal

Postby The Korff » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Our issues go on sale on the third Thursday of each month — which means they're usually out a week and bit before the actual month they correspond to. The July issue is the one that's currently on sale, so you should have received that one... and if that's your last one, then provided you renew your subscription in the next three weeks or so you should get the August issue (which I'm proofreading at the moment!).

At least, that's how I'd guess it works! If you email subscriptions@soundonsound.com, you'll reach our subscriptions department. The voicemails should also work though; we get all messages emailed to us so someone should respond, provided you left an email address or phone number in the message.

Cheers!

Chris
The Korff
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:20 pm

If you log into the site, then go to https://www.soundonsound.com/shop/subscriptions you should see the subscription options shown on that page.

If you click on one of the options there (Print, Digital or Print & Digital) does it display a box showing your current subscription including the start issue, current issue and last issue of the subscription? (It does for me!)
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, raising money for charity via music created by forum members at https://sosforumalbum.bandcamp.com

Postby grumpe » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:25 pm

My subscription renewal kicks in at the end of the current subscription, and I have renewed from three months before until right on the nail over the past few years. Nothing to worry about, I suspect...
grumpe

Postby The Korff » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:07 pm

Ah yes, there's that too! Our subs people are canny enough not to give you overlapping subscriptions so that you end up with duplicates of mags; they'll have them run consecutively if you renew while you're still on one of your subscription plans.

Cheers!
The Korff
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby stemwinder » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:53 pm

thanks to all who replied - much appreciated.

Can I suggest to SOS that it may be worth making it clear that subscriptions won't overlap, so people can renew with confidence!!. (although I may well have missed this message somewhere)

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Darren
stemwinder
Poster