You are here

Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby Mike Stranks » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:39 am

I've had the message you've been getting several times before CC and reported it to John. Seems like all is not yet quite as it should be...
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6925
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:00 am

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby ManFromGlass » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks, Hugh and Wonks for the gift of knowledge.
I have a pair of CM3’s (bought mostly because of an SOS review) and in the right scenario they are super, and fantastic value.
User avatar
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 am
Location: In the woods in Canada
 

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby John Willett » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Mike Stranks wrote:Your 'Sound Link' Hyperlink in your sig is broken, John...

Thanks Mike - fixed now.

I changed from an https: back to an http: as the costs of having an https: is horrendous and I don't have an online shop so didn't really need it.

And thanks to CC for posting the free advert showing that many Gefell mics are on Special Offer until the end of September. ;)
User avatar
John Willett
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6444
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2000 1:00 am
Location: Oxfordshire UK
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
Sound-Link are UK Distributors for: Microtech Gefell, ME-Geithain, AETA, HUM, Håkan, Meyer Turtle

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby Aural Reject » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Hmm....three OM1s or three M221s...wonder which the bank manager would prefer? :angel:
User avatar
Aural Reject
Frequent Poster
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Lancashire born, living in Yorkshire :s

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby Mike Stranks » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:58 pm

As we're now have a chat about the Line-Audio mics in general...

... the hypocardioids (and new 'wider' cardioids) do sound 'different' from many a mic that's available because they don't have the almost de riguer presence peak that other mics at this price-point have. In fact, PinkNoise told me that someone had sent back a pair of CM3s for a refund as they were 'lifeless'.

If you've got used to the typical SDC presence peak of shallow-end mics you may need to recalibrate your ears! :)
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6925
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:00 am

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby Aural Reject » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Mike Stranks wrote:As we're now have a chat about the Line-Audio mics in general...

... the hypocardioids (and new 'wider' cardioids) do sound 'different' from many a mic that's available because they don't have the almost de riguer presence peak that other mics at this price-point have. In fact, PinkNoise told me that someone had sent back a pair of CM3s for a refund as they were 'lifeless'.

If you've got used to the typical SDC presence peak of shallow-end mics you may need to recalibrate your ears! :)

Quite useful in a some ways if (don't read this John W...) you're multimicing and adding lots of them together....
User avatar
Aural Reject
Frequent Poster
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Lancashire born, living in Yorkshire :s

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby ConcertinaChap » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:28 pm

John Willett wrote:And thanks to CC for posting the free advert showing that many Gefell mics are on Special Offer until the end of September. ;)

You're very welcome :)

CC
User avatar
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Posts: 7680
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Bradford on Avon
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
If you want me I'll be down on Sound on Sound on Sound.

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby Mike Stranks » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Aural Reject wrote:
Mike Stranks wrote:As we're now have a chat about the Line-Audio mics in general...

... the hypocardioids (and new 'wider' cardioids) do sound 'different' from many a mic that's available because they don't have the almost de riguer presence peak that other mics at this price-point have. In fact, PinkNoise told me that someone had sent back a pair of CM3s for a refund as they were 'lifeless'.

If you've got used to the typical SDC presence peak of shallow-end mics you may need to recalibrate your ears! :)

Quite useful in a some ways if (don't read this John W...) you're multimicing and adding lots of them together....

Quite agree! I regard them as neutral with the ability not to make their presence felt...(see what I did there?)
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6925
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:00 am

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby John Willett » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Mike Stranks wrote:
Aural Reject wrote:
Mike Stranks wrote:As we're now have a chat about the Line-Audio mics in general...

... the hypocardioids (and new 'wider' cardioids) do sound 'different' from many a mic that's available because they don't have the almost de riguer presence peak that other mics at this price-point have. In fact, PinkNoise told me that someone had sent back a pair of CM3s for a refund as they were 'lifeless'.

If you've got used to the typical SDC presence peak of shallow-end mics you may need to recalibrate your ears! :)

Quite useful in a some ways if (don't read this John W...) you're multimicing and adding lots of them together....

Quite agree! I regard them as neutral with the ability not to make their presence felt...(see what I did there?)

The Line Audio mics I always recommend if someone needs good quality mics with a very low budget as they punch well above their weight.

Yes, the top end omnis are well worth the price you pay for them - but if you don't have a top end budget the Line Audio would come first on my list of quality at a very affordable price.
User avatar
John Willett
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6444
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2000 1:00 am
Location: Oxfordshire UK
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
Sound-Link are UK Distributors for: Microtech Gefell, ME-Geithain, AETA, HUM, Håkan, Meyer Turtle

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby cyrano.mac » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 am

John Willett wrote:I changed from an https: back to an http: as the costs of having an https: is horrendous and I don't have an online shop so didn't really need it.

Either your provider is a rather expensive one or you've been misinformed. Getting the necessary certificates is free. See:

https://letsencrypt.org/

And the rest of the configuration change should be handled in a jiffy by any reasonably competent tech.
cyrano.mac
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:00 pm

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby John Willett » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:47 pm

cyrano.mac wrote:
John Willett wrote:I changed from an https: back to an http: as the costs of having an https: is horrendous and I don't have an online shop so didn't really need it.

Either your provider is a rather expensive one or you've been misinformed. Getting the necessary certificates is free. See:

https://letsencrypt.org/

And the rest of the configuration change should be handled in a jiffy by any reasonably competent tech.

Thanks for the link - this is very new, though.
User avatar
John Willett
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6444
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2000 1:00 am
Location: Oxfordshire UK
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
Sound-Link are UK Distributors for: Microtech Gefell, ME-Geithain, AETA, HUM, Håkan, Meyer Turtle

Re: Line-Audio CM3 is no more...

Postby cyrano.mac » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:41 am

I've been using Letsencrypt on a few dozen servers since the beginning, years ago. Less problems than with some commercial certificate providers. And the one I've had most problems with, was one of the expensive ones. They had to be threatened by Google, Apple and Mozilla before the got their security in order.
cyrano.mac
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:00 pm

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users