You are here

Forum bug when not logged in.

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

Forum bug when not logged in.

Postby rens » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:21 am

Hi-

I have been having trouble with the forum the last week or so. I cannot access most articles without an error when not logged in. It says ‘no article appears in the selected date range’. When logged in it works fine. Give it a try.... for instance search for ‘line audio om1 review’ on google and go to the SOS forum link.

Works fine when logged in, but not good if this is the general publics experience.

My tests were on chrome on ios, btw.
rens

Re: Forum bug when not logged in.

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:36 am

Interesting. With that link (https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/view ... 27&t=58286) I can reproduce this on Firefox and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 too.

I also noted that both the 'SOS Competitions' and 'Latest Forum Activity' sidebar sections show an endlessly spinning 'loading' icon which never goes away.

When logged in, everything is fine.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, raising money for charity via music created by forum members at https://sosforumalbum.bandcamp.com

Postby Forum Admin » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:42 am

Hi Rens

I've just tried replicating this on my Mac using Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers, and they all gave me the same error message for that particular Google search: line audio om1 review

However, when logged out I was able to click the main menu FORUM button, go to the Forum Index (red link), select any topic and it opens for me. I can then see all posts within that topic -- all while logged out. So that part is working.

I tried at random another topic title in Google search: the latest Behringer-gate - this took me to today's latest posting in that long-running topic, when logged out.

So, not sure what's occurring here, but you'll have to leave it a week or so to get a fix as our main developer who would investigate this is on summer holidays.

cheers,
Ian G
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH SOS 10,811 articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
Get FREE Full Issue PDF Digital Mag: https://sosm.ag/FreePDF

Postby FV » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:12 pm

I noticed the same thing on multiple browsers (Safari, Firefox, Whale) on multiple computers (3 Macs). No forum search results work when not logged in.
FV
Poster
If in doubt use a duvet!

Postby Mixedup » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:51 am

I've had some similar issues in the past — when logged out, I can't seem to run any search queries without running into trouble, even when I'm not obviously running queries (eg. clicking the Latest Posts link runs a query, but the end user wouldn't know that).

(Mojave, with latest Chrome & Firefox).
Mixedup
Jedi Poster