You are here

''Losing it''( Pop Mix ) all comments are welcome

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

''Losing it''( Pop Mix ) all comments are welcome

Postby mammy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:13 am

44.1 khz
mp3

what do you think guys ?

https://soundcloud.com/muhammet-cev-k/losing
mammy
Regular

Re: ''Losing it''( Pop Mix ) all comments are welcome

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi mammy,

Nicely written track. Do I detect elements of Katy Perry style in there, or is that just my overactive imagination? ;)

First impressions - good mix balance , with plenty of bass where it counts.

Love the opening section, although I suspect you need more of a musical hook in the first 13 seconds before your vocal comes in, so you capture the listener more quickly. Indeed, I did initially wonder if removing those first 13 seconds would help make things more powerful, so the track just starts with the vocal. Needs a little thought methinks.

However, once it gets to 0:35 and the drums/background vocals come in, I expected this pop mix to get wider and fuller, with more density. Instead, it still seems narrow. Perhaps you could try panning those 'hey' backing vocals wider and adding several more bits of ear candy during this 'bigger section, particularly if they have pan automation to add splashes of movement.

This will also give you a much greater contrast when you return to the more intimate vocal sound at 1:23. You could once again add more 'bigger mix' changes at 1:44 when the 'heys' come back in.

In a pop mix I think you need to keep ringing those changes, so you grab hold of the listener's ears and not let go ;)

Hope this helps!

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby mammy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Thank you very much Mr. Martin .I will try your suggestions .you helped me so much. I always prefer narrow mix because very wide mixes kills the soul and tones of the song . is that true ?
mammy
Regular

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:25 pm

No.
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)
"The performance is 99.9% of what people hear"- J. Leckie
"It's all complete nonsense, anyone who knows what they're doing can deliver great results with whatever comes to hand" - H. Robjohns

Re: ''Losing it''( Pop Mix -Mastered version)

Postby mammy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:29 pm

mammy
Regular

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Much better mix this time round - Losing It is really catchy! :clap:

The only thing I'd personally change now is to bring up the level of those 'hey hey' rhythmic backing vocals, to beef up the choruses even more.

Great work though! :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby OneWorld » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:06 pm

mammy wrote:44.1 khz
mp3

what do you think guys ?

https://soundcloud.com/muhammet-cev-k/losing

As far as engineering goes I am bobbins, production and arrangement somewhat better and to make the tune a bit more interesting I might be inclined to go 'off piste' harmonically at some point just to add a little piquancy. Where you do the drop down, might be an idea to inject a key change that lends itself to a more dynamic build/crescendo before parachuting back into the outro - if that makes sense. Good tune I reckon and lends itself to some experimentation. One thing for for sure, your vocals seem spot on
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)