You are here

Can someone still make it now? What are the odds? Mixerman says we are all hobbyists now.

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: Can someone still make it now? What are the odds? Mixerman says we are all hobbyists now.

Postby Alba » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 pm

Wonks wrote:Unique Selling Point.

Something that makes you different from everyone else that people like.

E.g. you may have two heads, so you can sing a duet with yourself. ;)

What would be your stage name?
Alba
Frequent Poster

Re: Can someone still make it now? What are the odds? Mixerman says we are all hobbyists now.

Postby MOF » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:30 pm

‘Duophonic’ or ‘Me & me!
MOF
Regular

Postby awjoe » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:27 am

Alba wrote:
Wonks wrote:Unique Selling Point.

Something that makes you different from everyone else that people like.

E.g. you may have two heads, so you can sing a duet with yourself. ;)

What would be your stage name?

Well, when it comes to stage names, I think they should be provocative in some way. Buttcrack Johnson and the Sparkle Balls is mine. What's yours?
awjoe
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Fringe member of the Party Pooper People's Party

Postby awjoe » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:28 am

MOF wrote:‘Duophonic’ or ‘Me & me!

Link to some music?
awjoe
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Fringe member of the Party Pooper People's Party

Postby Mike Stranks » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:11 am

My stage-name is The Evil Twins...

... not that it goes down too well when I'm taking church services though...
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Postby johnny h » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:46 am

If you're talking in low tier business jargon, I personally don't fancy your chances of making it as an artist. Not everybody has something to say.
johnny h
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby MOF » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:27 pm

‘Duophonic’ or ‘Me & me!

Link to some music?

I didn’t say I, I mean we, had got any finished product. Yes you did, I mean yes we did. No we didn’t, yes we did..........
MOF
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:08 pm

Was reflecting on a couple of professional songwriters I know this morning. Both have had, or are still having, successful careers, have won industry accolades and briefly brushed shoulders with the big time.
But whilst one of them is satisfied with all that they've done and received, i get the feeling that the other still has a slight regret that he never quite made it to the very top.
Which does just emphasise that the whole concept of success is such a personal one that i can no longer remember what point i was making... :blush:

Sorry about that. Anyway, glad things are working out well for Mixerman and good luck to aw and joe with the new direction.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Arpangel » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:28 am

Mike Stranks wrote:My stage-name is The Evil Twins...

... not that it goes down too well when I'm taking church services though...

My stage name is Wildlife Cathedral. I use it as a solo artist, and for any band incarnations.

If any of my past band members are reading this and are thinking about contacting me, please "go away and leave me alone"
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Previous