You are here

Sq5

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Sq5

Postby federica.piga » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Hi everyone I recently moved from q16 to sq5 and in the evening something happened to me that I could not solve ... Or if I was above the zero db from the general I automatically lowered the volume in some spies, so I suspect there is some limiter or something like that set only in certain spy channels. I searched the settings but couldn't find anything. Has anyone else happened?
federica.piga

Re: Sq5

Postby MarkPAman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:54 pm

I'm guessing there's a language problem here, as "spies" means nothing that I can relate to.

There's a lot of compressors available, and lots of routing options on an SQ, Until you really know your way around the desk it can be quite hard to find something that's been accidentally switched on.

However, from the default settings (which you can recall from the scenes section) there will be no compression engaged anywhere in the SQ5, so I'd suggest you start afresh from there.

The other thing that could be causing a problem is the Automatic Mic Mixer (AMM). This should never be used for music, as that's not what it's designed for. Is it music that you're mixing?
MarkPAman
Frequent Poster