You are here

Tips to Develop Songs from Ideas

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

Re: Tips to Develop Songs from Ideas

Postby Terrible.dee » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:54 am

GilesAnt wrote:I read it the same as you - but was just pointing out that some famous names preferred perfection to completion. In fact Brahms famously destroyed any works he thought less than perfect.

He took 21 years to write his first symphony...destroyed everything he did that was "Less than perfect"?

Than Brahms wasn't very good, he wasted his life bashing his broken clock of a head against a brick wall until it was right twice a day? Mozart wrote symphonies in his HEAD before he was 10 years old...He ENJOYED it, so no big thing.

Brahms was in the wrong line of work...If you are meant to do something, it's never that difficult. And no piece of music is worth living like that, the guy must have had a miserable like.

I feel really sorry for him, and anyone who may still buy the fairy story of that being "Noble" or "Romantic" or even "artistic"...What it ACTUALLY is is "B.S"

No matter what line of work you are in, I suggest that this is the one guy, who if you wake up and resemble him in any way...You QUIT that line of work and never look back.
Terrible.dee
Poster

Postby John Egan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:18 am

Terrible.dee wrote:
GilesAnt wrote:I read it the same as you - but was just pointing out that some famous names preferred perfection to completion. In fact Brahms famously destroyed any works he thought less than perfect.

He took 21 years to write his first symphony...destroyed everything he did that was "Less than perfect"?

Than Brahms wasn't very good, he wasted his life bashing his broken clock of a head against a brick wall until it was right twice a day? Mozart wrote symphonies in his HEAD before he was 10 years old...He ENJOYED it, so no big thing.

Brahms was in the wrong line of work...If you are meant to do something, it's never that difficult. And no piece of music is worth living like that, the guy must have had a miserable like.

I feel really sorry for him, and anyone who may still buy the fairy story of that being "Noble" or "Romantic" or even "artistic"...What it ACTUALLY is is "B.S"

No matter what line of work you are in, I suggest that this is the one guy, who if you wake up and resemble him in any way...You QUIT that line of work and never look back.

Yeah..........Waste of space that Brahms. A few of us could have seen him off, no problem............and Mozart never even managed a single entry in the charts! Should have played ukelele, that would have fixed it!
Regards, John
John Egan
Regular

Postby GilesAnt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Not only a waste of time - he got busted for tobacco smuggling too. If only he had spent less time with his music he might have planned his smuggling more efficiently.

Another Brahms fact - he was so annoyed when he heard a woman perform his 1st piano concerto he vowed to compose a 2nd one which would be so difficult that no woman could play it.

Honestly, some people!
GilesAnt
Regular

Postby MOF » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:01 pm

Either he suffered from serious depression or felt the need to live a life first before he thought he’d got something to say through his art.
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Terrible.dee wrote:

:D

Previous