You are here

Is Alchemy on Mac the same Alchemy that was available on PC?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Is Alchemy on Mac the same Alchemy that was available on PC?

Postby TheLegit » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:17 pm

If I go over to Mac I really want the same preset sounds because there's some brilliant ones on there. Some great ones by Martin Walker in fact as well!

Will I get the same preset sounds as the PC version
TheLegit
Regular

Re: Is Alchemy on Mac the same Alchemy that was available on PC?

Postby Wonks » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:39 pm

Some but not all. And no Martin Walker sounds :(
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby desmond » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:47 pm

TheLegit wrote:If I go over to Mac I really want the same preset sounds because there's some brilliant ones on there. Some great ones by Martin Walker in fact as well!

Will I get the same preset sounds as the PC version

If you already have Alchemy 1.5, then Alchemy 2 (in Logic) will still load those sounds (in the "Legacy" section of the preset browser).

If you don't already have the old versions, then the presets that come with Alchemy 2 in Logic are different to the ones in 1.5, and include variations of some of the old factory patches, and variations of many of the patches that were in the Expansions, but they are not identical and in many cases have been tweaked and many have different names.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby Ian Shaw » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:37 pm

I think this question was asked when Alchemy first appeared in Logic & Martin suggested that his sounds are all in there somewhere but not necessarily with the same names
Ian Shaw
Regular
Sent by carrier pigeon

Postby MOF » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:29 pm

I composed some instrumentals with the iOS version and was frustrated that I couldn’t get some sounds in the Mac OS Player version and thought that they would be in Logic when Apple bought the company but they weren’t.
I can’t complain though as I was just about to buy it when the Camel Audio website went quiet then Apple bought them.
MOF
Regular

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:55 am

Ian Shaw wrote:I think this question was asked when Alchemy first appeared in Logic & Martin suggested that his sounds are all in there somewhere but not necessarily with the same names

As far as I know, all my sounds are indeed still in Alchemy (minus my creator's name, so unless you already know which of the 300 or so I created it won't be that easy to find them ;) ).

I can't imagine that the powers that be altered many of the preset names, but since I don't have a Mac I can't tell you if they sound identical in the latest version. However, they should be very close to how I originally imagined them.

Hope this helps!

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby TheLegit » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:55 am

Well that's good you made some damn excellent ones !

By the way can I export some kind of preset file from Alchemy PC and load that into Alchemy Mac if required?
TheLegit
Regular

Postby desmond » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:18 am

TheLegit wrote:By the way can I export some kind of preset file from Alchemy PC and load that into Alchemy Mac if required?

I think patches were cross-platform, so it should work. If you want confirmation, upload a sample preset from the PC and I'll see if I can load it in Logic's version...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby TheLegit » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:51 am

desmond wrote:
TheLegit wrote:By the way can I export some kind of preset file from Alchemy PC and load that into Alchemy Mac if required?

I think patches were cross-platform, so it should work. If you want confirmation, upload a sample preset from the PC and I'll see if I can load it in Logic's version...

Sadly don't have Logic yet considering a Mac Mini soon so can't check it out. There's some wicked presets in Alchemy pretty critical to some of my songs however if the worst came to the worst I'd just export the WAV and insert it into the Logic project I suppose
TheLegit
Regular

Postby desmond » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:13 pm

TheLegit wrote:Sadly don't have Logic yet considering a Mac Mini soon so can't check it out.

The offer was for you to upload your Alchemy PC preset here so *I* can see whether it loads into the Logic version, thereby confirming (or not) whether it would work for you if/when you go to a Mac system later.

TheLegit wrote:There's some wicked presets in Alchemy pretty critical to some of my songs however if the worst came to the worst I'd just export the WAV and insert it into the Logic project I suppose

Sure.
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby TheLegit » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks Desmond didn't read your post properly ! How can I upload the preset on SOS
TheLegit
Regular

Postby desmond » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 pm

TheLegit wrote:Thanks Desmond didn't read your post properly ! How can I upload the preset on SOS

Upload it on the internet using one of the many ways, eg a filesharing site, dropbox, google drive etc etc, whatever you normally use to share files, then put a link to the file here...
desmond
Jedi Poster