You are here

Protect, Maintain, and Improve Your Hearing - Clinically Proven Patented Technology

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

Protect, Maintain, and Improve Your Hearing - Clinically Proven Patented Technology

Postby alex.gec » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:35 am

Hi Everyone!

My name is Alex and I’m the COO of GoldenEarClub, a digital therapeutics company. We’ve developed technology that improves the quality of sound Musicians hear. It’s a web platform where users can protect, maintain, and improve their hearing with just two 30-minute sessions per day. We’ve just launched and it’s currently exclusively available to only Musicians, a profession suffering greatly from noise-induced hearing loss.

Our patented technology has been clinically proven by Stanford and it’s currently in the process of undergoing FDA clinical trials.

The problem
• Individuals in the music industry are 4x more likely to suffer noise-induced hearing loss and have a 57% greater chance of suffering from tinnitus.
• Once the cells in our ears are harmed, they can’t be healed.
No easy way exists to truly protect a musician’s greatest asset, the ability to hear.

The solution

• An easily accessible web platform where users can protect, maintain, and improve their hearing with two 30-minute sessions per day.
• Users will gain confidence through our Threshold Sound Conditioning™, clinically proven to heal the cells.
• Due to its web platform, it’s mobile and convenient, making it accessible anytime, anywhere.

The Reality: What is the typical route Musicians/Audio Engineers take when something sounds off? They look for better equipment to invest in without considering the possibility it may be their hearing.

Our Mission: We want to empower musicians with the tool they need to be able to protect, maintain, and improve what matters the most, their ability to hear.

If you could lower the chances of losing what you love to do, would you?

What we want to do is provide anyone that’s interested a FREE 15-DAY TRIAL because we're confident you'll see noticeable results in just 2 weeks of consistent two 30 minute sessions per day.

1. Go to our website, http://www.goldenearclub.com

2. Create a free account

3. Send me an email stating -
- That you’ve created an account
- Email
- Name
- How many years you’ve played

Soon after, I’ll reply with a free 15-day trial coupon code. Just go to the membership page on our website, click 15-Day Trial, input the coupon code, and click proceed to checkout.

It’s important you really focus on being consistent with those two 30 minute per day sessions to reap the full benefits and maximize results.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to respond via PM or email. (alex@goldenearclub.com)

Thank you!
alex.gec
New here

Re: Protect, Maintain, and Improve Your Hearing - Clinically Proven Patented Technology

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:31 am

This is an interesting idea, but the website is sadly lacking in any detailed explanations of the concept or technology, or any believable evidence of effectiveness, and the 'plans' cost around $500 a year. From what I can gather, it involves listening to low level tones twice a day in an effort to stimulate the inner ear... Hmmmm...

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: Protect, Maintain, and Improve Your Hearing - Clinically Proven Patented Technology

Postby alex.gec » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:51 am

Hugh Robjohns wrote:This is an interesting idea, but the website is sadly lacking in any detailed explanations of the concept or technology, or any believable evidence of effectiveness, and the 'plans' cost around $500 a year. From what I can gather, it involves listening to low level tones twice a day in an effort to stimulate the inner ear... Hmmmm...

H

Hi Hugh, I want to say thank you for your feedback and for approving this post. You're absolutely right about the website - we're still in very early stages but the platform it self is 100% functional, UX will be updated in the near future.

As for price, we believe the value is 10x our cost. No cure exists for hearing loss and tinnitus - the only "methods" available costs upwards of $3000+ and it doesn't work. At a fraction of the cost, you can not only improve your hearing but also protect and maintain. Our patented and clinically proven Threshold Sound Conditioning™ technology stimulates the frequencies that have lost sensitivities (noise induced hearing loss or age) and strengthens your cells. It's like physical therapy for your ears.

During our initial clinical studies, we received feedback from various musicians - stating, that they felt they could hear the band of sound a tad more "vibrantly" after completing 2 weeks of two 30 minute sessions per day. Just one 30 minute session per day did yield very positive results but those that consistently did the two sessions/day, showed greater improvement.
alex.gec
New here

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 am

Enormously beneficial, if true, obviously.

But they are very bold claims that really need clear evidence to justify the expense.

So what of these proven clinical trials? Where are the medical professionals that can vouch for this therapy and back it up with genuine peer-reviewed medical trials?
Hugh Robjohns

Postby alex.gec » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:14 am

Hugh Robjohns wrote:Enormously beneficial, if true, obviously.

But they are very bold claims that really need clear evidence to justify the expense.

So what of these proven clinical trials? Where are the medical professionals that can vouch for this therapy and back it up with genuine peer-reviewed medical trials?

Hi Hugh,

I hear you, I absolutely understand where you're coming from. I've sent you an email regarding your questions.
alex.gec
New here

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:47 am

Thanks Alex.

I wish you well with your business and I truly hope your patented system proves successful.

I also appreciate the business and website are in their infancy, and that you have much work still to do in adding information to the site.

For the benefit of others, Alex pointed out to me privately that the website provides references to a variety of published papers in the About Us section: https://goldenearclub.com/about-us

...but none are currently links, so considerable further effort and research is required to track down these papers -- and clicking on the 'more' link just goes to the membership page.

I had a quick stab at tracking down the first listed paper in the Neurology journal and couldn't find it at all... But that could be down to the site search engine... I did find the "Protection against acoustic trauma by forward and backward sound conditioning" reference abstract at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15316199 and there are some related papers there that seem to suggest there could be benefits to sound conditioning in respect of protecting against hair cell loss in the inner ear...

Interesting stuff....
Hugh Robjohns

Postby James Perrett » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:06 pm

I had a very quick look at the references and the worrying thing is that all the papers listed in the TSC section are by the same authors. I'd like to see a wider range of studies before spending that sort of money.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby alex.gec » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:26 am

James Perrett wrote:I had a very quick look at the references and the worrying thing is that all the papers listed in the TSC section are by the same authors. I'd like to see a wider range of studies before spending that sort of money.

Hi James - Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. I do want to clarify one thing, the amount of authors isn't critical for new tech - it sure is important down the road but what's more important now, at the end of the day, does it work. Does the technology truly protect, maintain, and improve hearing. Are we able to back our words with results that positively benefit the user. Does it simply, work. The results from 15+ years of clinical research and studies show that it does, 100%.

If it could become one of my greatest tools as a sound engineer or musician, I'd try it out and be religious with the recommended training (two 30 minute sessions per day for two weeks). You shouldn't stop at just two weeks though - it's the recommended time for users because initial trials showed real improvement was experienced at the two week mark. It's like lifting weights, you don't lift for 2 weeks and stop and expect to retain whatever you gained, you'll most likely experience atrophy.

I'd be more than happy to provide anyone with free 15-day trials codes.

Again, appreciate the feedback!

Thanks!

- Alex
alex.gec
New here

Postby James Perrett » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:45 am

Alex, you say that it is new tech and yet at the end of the same paragraph you mention 15+ years of research. I would expect that a promising technique that has been developed over that length of time to have been the subject of papers from a wide variety of authors by now. If this is really clinically proven, as your headline claims, you should be able to show us the full data from the clinical trials. At the moment this sounds too much like marketing with no substance behind it. Remember you are talking to a mainly UK and European audience here who don't react well to the brash marketing you've given us so far.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby alex.gec » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:17 am

James Perrett wrote:Alex, you say that it is new tech and yet at the end of the same paragraph you mention 15+ years of research. I would expect that a promising technique that has been developed over that length of time to have been the subject of papers from a wide variety of authors by now. If this is really clinically proven, as your headline claims, you should be able to show us the full data from the clinical trials. At the moment this sounds too much like marketing with no substance behind it. Remember you are talking to a mainly UK and European audience here who don't react well to the brash marketing you've given us so far.

Hi James, I hear what you're saying. New tech in regards to releasing the product into public market. 15+ years of clinical studies and research. A strong difference. As for information, all the official documents are accessible on our website (although, if you are viewing as a guest, this link (https://goldenearclub.com/about-us/research) will take you to the membership page instead of the full wall of articles containing research and results, should be fixed shortly). No marketing here. Just being transparent and doing the best we can with the website right now. An updated, more transparent, better content, and UX website will be released soon.

We don't expect everyone to just jump on and pay. People will have doubts and it's expected. Which is why I emailed you a free 15-day coupon code so you can test and experience it yourself. I highly encourage you.

If after 2 weeks of consistent (two 30 minute sessions per day) and you're a believer, we'll provide you a whole year off for free.

Thank you James.
alex.gec
New here

Postby Jorge » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:21 am

Sounds very intriguing, therapy to improve music induced hearing loss. I look forward to seeing the reports of the clinical trials and the underlying science once you get the website fixed. Please keep us posted.
Jorge
Regular

Postby alex.gec » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Jorge wrote:Sounds very intriguing, therapy to improve music induced hearing loss. I look forward to seeing the reports of the clinical trials and the underlying science once you get the website fixed. Please keep us posted.

Hi Jorge - the "science" behind it our multi-patented Threshold Sound Conditioning™ outputs an algorithmic acoustic signal with a preset intensity to the frequency band of the damaged hair cell. Allowing the user to protect, maintain, and improve their hearing.

We're working hard to present a more visually pleasing website with transparent content.

I've PM'd you a free 15-day trial code - check it out!

Much thanks.
alex.gec
New here

Postby alex.gec » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:30 am

I just published “GoldenEarClub Develops Technology that Improves Hearing for Musicians".

https://medium.com/goldenearclub/goldenearclub-develops-technology-that-improves-hearing-for-musicians-ef2f9d9c8f22
alex.gec
New here

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks Alex -- I'll have a read.
Hugh Robjohns

Postby cyrano.mac » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:31 pm

I still don't understand what's new. It sounds very much the same as the therapy that I've been following as I suffer from tinitus (and hyperacusis).

There certainly are therapies for tinitus. These don't work for every case, but that's true far any treatment.
cyrano.mac
Regular

Postby alex.gec » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:01 pm

cyrano.mac wrote:I still don't understand what's new. It sounds very much the same as the therapy that I've been following as I suffer from tinitus (and hyperacusis).

There certainly are therapies for tinitus. These don't work for every case, but that's true far any treatment.

Hi Cyrano, I appreciate your feedback. Let me explain as simple as I can. It's not very much the "same as other therapy", hence the first ear therapy to be multi-patented with over 11 clinically proven trials.

Yes, there are therapies for tinnitus but none of them work. If they do, they actually do exactly opposite of what our TSC™ technology does. Imagine a straight line. On the left, is good and the right is bad. Once the "health" of your ears drift to the right and hit a certain point, you will experience tinnitus. The treatments you mentioned actually kill the hair cells even more and drift you off more towards the right, thus, you experience less tinnitus for worse hearing. Our technology heals the cells and strengthens it - taking you to the left.

I appreciate your feedback, it means a lot to us. I've PM'd you a free 15-day trial code, check it out.

Thanks!
alex.gec
New here

Postby Jorge » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:41 am

Hi Alex,
I am very interested in the work you are quoting. The abstract quoted in the article is from a poster presentation at the American Academy of Neurology 2015 annual meeting and does not give a detailed description of the study. Has the study been published yet as a full journal article? Thanks.
Jorge
Regular