You are here

Black Friday sales hangover.

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Black Friday sales hangover.

Postby blinddrew » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:05 pm

I'm fighting it! Don't give up on me yet!
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Martin Walker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:44 pm

I still feel good about my latest buying decision - yesterday evening I bought my license for Reaper 6, whose v5 I have used for countless hours and love to bits.

Its new features may not yet be essential, but I'm already noticing improvements that make my life easier. I haven't yet adapted to the new brightly-coloured default theme, sticking to the Default v5 version, but who knows...

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Folderol » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:07 pm

I find I prefer significantly coloured and moderately high contrast displays a must. These old eyes just can't resolve the 'modern' trend for varying shades of black :(
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Postby MOF » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Black Friday sale has probably finished anyway right?

Followed by Cyber Monday, pre Christmas sales, Boxing Day sale, January sales, Specials on any day the vendor cares to make up and the digital equivalent of MFI there was always a sale on. :lol:
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:18 pm

Yeah, i'm successfully ignoring the temptation for now but that's partly because i don't even have a working room at the moment.
But as you say, these things will come round again.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby awjoe » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:55 am

blinddrew wrote:Yeah, i'm successfully ignoring the temptation for now but that's partly because i don't even have a working room at the moment.
But as you say, these things will come round again.

You mentioned a sawtooth waveform earlier. Sawtooth waveforms are gold standard, whether you have a working room or not. Just saying.

BTW, why don't you have a working room? And how bothered are you by that? These questions are Black Friday questions for sure. Hangover questions for sure.

The only thing I bought this Black Friday was training - I bought a course. I restrained my gear urge. That gear urge is just pure lust. I love being able to count on it.
awjoe
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Music production is like finding a good hair dresser

Postby blinddrew » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:22 am

awjoe wrote:BTW, why don't you have a working room? And how bothered are you by that?
Still doing my studio rebuild (see the Long List of Compromises thread in DIY) so all my stuff is unplugged and stacked in piles under dust sheets.

awjoe wrote:The only thing I bought this Black Friday was training - I bought a course. I restrained my gear urge. That gear urge is just pure lust. I love being able to count on it.
Good choice on the training option. I treated myself to Zukan's vocals masterclass a few months ago. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Previous