You are here

JJazzLab, a new free & open source app. for backing tracks generation

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

JJazzLab, a new free & open source app. for backing tracks generation

Postby jjazzboss » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum...

I'm the (hobbyist) developer of JJazzLab, a new free and open-source application to generate dynamic backing tracks very easily. It works on Linux, Win and Mac.

I just released the application about 2 months ago so I'm very interested in getting users feedback.

You can see a short demo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v80Wm6joYxs

There is also the GitHub page for developers. My next task is to add AI-based drums generation, to (try to! :wink: ) mimic what I saw in Logic X Pro drummer: using a X/Y widget to easily control the complexity/intensity of a rhythm loop. If there are developers here, I'd be happy to share experiences !

Jerome
jjazzboss

Re: JJazzLab, a new free & open source app. for backing tracks generation

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Hi Jerome, and welcome to the SOS Forums! 8-)

Normally a post like yours would be moved to our 'New Products' forum, but given that JJazzLab is freeware and open source, and that you are interested in contacting other developers (there are certainly some here) I'll leave it where you posted it for now.

Will have a look myself later on :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Re: JJazzLab, a new free & open source app. for backing tracks generation

Postby jjazzboss » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:18 am

Thanks Martin !
jjazzboss