You are here

Old Blood Noise pedals, anyone tried them?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Old Blood Noise pedals, anyone tried them?

Postby Arpangel » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:31 pm

Just about to order a Blood Noise Minim, delay reverb, as I'm addicted to delays and reverbs.
Anyone tried this? or any other Blood Noise pedals?
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Re: Old Blood Noise pedals, anyone tried them?

Postby jaminem » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:34 am

I’ve not tried that one, but for similar money you can get an Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run, which I have tried and is incredible, or a Neunaber Immerse, which is the pedal I ended up buying, which is just fabulous. I would check those out before dropping any coin on the Minim.

Appreciate that the Immerse doesn’t have delay on it, but the quality of the reverb is just brilliant for the money...it’s 95% of a Strymon for just over half the money...
jaminem
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:44 am

jaminem wrote:I’ve not tried that one, but for similar money you can get an Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run, which I have tried and is incredible, or a Neunaber Immerse, which is the pedal I ended up buying, which is just fabulous. I would check those out before dropping any coin on the Minim.

Appreciate that the Immerse doesn’t have delay on it, but the quality of the reverb is just brilliant for the money...it’s 95% of a Strymon for just over half the money...

Hi, thanks for the info, I've got a Strymon Big Sky, which I like very much, I had an Immerse and didn't get along with it.
I'll check out the Aavalanch, sounds interesting. I thought I'd get the Minim as it has delay and reverb in one box. I have an EHX 16 Second Delay, which I feed into the Big Sky.
I love pedals, but they are a bit unwieldy as you start to collect them!
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby jaminem » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:57 am

True dat, once you start its hard to stop!
That Pedal Show has ruined my bank balance....
I have even found a use for the Beetronics Swarm in several of my songs :crazy:
jaminem
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:08 am

jaminem wrote:True dat, once you start its hard to stop!
That Pedal Show has ruined my bank balance....
I have even found a use for the Beetronics Swarm in several of my songs :crazy:

Ha Ha! Yes, I've got 5 pedals now, a Big Sky, plus Blue Sky, love their reverbs, a Boss DD7, EHX 16 sec, and a Zoom CDR70. I'm in a dilemma, I've got them connected to the aux sends on my mixer, but I've run out of sends now, so to justify buying even more pedals I'm going to connect them directly to the outputs of my synths so that each one has its own set of pedals, this is very stressful on the wallet and not good for GAS, but it's fun!

:thumbup:
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:13 am

Five pedals? Only five? Easy to tell you're not a guitarist Tony :D I've got five pedalboards* plus a shelf or two of currently dormant pedals........

* Exaggerated for comic effect, I've only got three really plus a couple of separate discrete pedal setups and 5 loopers, three multi fx..............
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Arpangel » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:27 am

Sam Spoons wrote:Five pedals? Only five? Easy to tell you're not a guitarist Tony :D I've got five pedalboards* plus a shelf or two of currently dormant pedals........

* Exaggerated for comic effect, I've only got three really plus a couple of separate discrete pedal setups and 5 loopers, three multi fx..............

I've deliberately not bought a board, that's the start of a serious addiction!
I think I'm using pedals to relieve the pain of getting rid of my Eurorack system, it's sort of letting me down gently...

:D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 am

:D :D :D
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Arpangel » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 am

Make that six pedals, I've just ordered a Fairfield Circuits Shallow Water.

:blush:
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:30 pm

You'll get there one day :thumbup:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:You'll get there one day :thumbup:

Where? That's the reason I gave up Eurorack, it seemed like a journey to nowhere, pedals are different, you can audition them in isolataion, and they don't impinge on the whole, and purchase decisions are easier, as every pedal can exist in its own right, if necessary.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Arpangel » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:00 pm

You just have to check out the Walrus Audio SLO reverb, I've just ordered one, this is sublime, a bit like my Big Sky, but with a different light, it really is heavenly, the wingman of my Big Sky.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Sam Spoons » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:25 pm

:D I meant you'd achieve guitarist levels of SPAS (stomp pedal acquisition syndrome).... You still have a way to go, 20+ pedals is just the beginning but I think you have potential :thumbup:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster

Postby Funkyflash5 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:47 am

I've got their Black Fountain Oil can style delay. It's one of my favorites, it was on my main board for bass for 4 or 5 years, and has now moved over to the board that shares duty for guitar and my wife's electric violin. If you like unconventional sounds, they are the folks for you. If I wasn't blowing my gear budget on non-pedal stuff, I'd probably have a couple more from them!
Funkyflash5
Regular

Postby Arpangel » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:38 am

Got up this morning, recorded a piece through the Shallow Water, mind blowing, just a heavenly sound.
But damn! and damn again! I've run out of space on my main table, and my partner has sneaked her bookcases in where I was going to expand, I may have to get rid of my mother keyboard to accommodate more pedals, this whole situation is rapidly turning into an international pedal incident.

:crazy:
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)