You are here

Pedalboard Day!

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Re: Pedalboard Day!

Postby garrettendi » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:58 pm

MOF wrote:I’m not a guitarist but I suppose that, given that it’s common knowledge you can never have enough guitars, you can never have enough effects pedals either. :lol:

Now that’s thinking like a guitarist!
garrettendi
Frequent Poster
"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World)

Postby The Elf » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:20 pm

garrettendi wrote:
The Elf wrote:But I suspect I know the response! ;) :lol:

Am I that predictable???

I’ve used multi effects in the past and while I appreciate their convenience, I like my current effects too much!
I can only tell you that you'd be pleasantly surprised if you heard the ones I've mentioned, but I understand and respect your feelings.

But seriously, keep a watch out for a Digitech RP500 - easily one of the most underrated all-in-ones ever made, IMHO. They regularly go for under 50 quid, which is a steal.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby garrettendi » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:25 pm

I shall certainly keep that in mind!
garrettendi
Frequent Poster
"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World)

Postby zenguitar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:20 pm

And remember folks,

Every day is pedalboard day.
:thumbup:

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby blinddrew » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:50 pm

Just going back to the original point, and mostly to horrify some of the other posters, I have two pedal boards; one runs from the Boss power pack that came with it, the other runs from one of these: https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-B ... music/1P94
Been running it fine for years! :)
To be fair, I've only got one heavy draw pedal and that runs from the Boss pack, but, if you're going to go cheap, there's an argument that you're better going cheap-cheap rather than medium-cheap if you're only going to replace it in the long run.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:54 pm

I did try a similar daisy chain PSU (a line rat in this case) and had terrible digital noise problems, I sent it back and bought the Harley Benton mentioned above which, as I said, works just fine.

Regarding multi fx, I have a Digitech RP360 going begging, it'll be going on ebay soon, I also have just sold my Boss GT3, had it for years and shed a quiet tear packing it up. But I only lost about a tenner on it so happy days. I now use pedals 'cos, like garrettendi I just prefer them. I have considered buying a Helix a couple of times over the last year but keep coming back to the though that simple is better*. :roll:

* And at a rehearsal for a one off gig last summer the other guitarist had a Helix and, to me, my combo + Tube Screamer sounded much better. I know the Helix is a superb bit of kit and he probably hadn't set it up right but can I be bothered to go through the whole process again?
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby garrettendi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:00 am

Just as an update, I had a brief moment last night to check the pedalboard is big enough to fit my pedals (not velcroed them down just yet though) and it's much bigger than the measurements suggested!

I can successfully fit my TC Nova Modulator on as well! In fact if I play Tetris right there could be space for more!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
garrettendi
Frequent Poster

Postby Wonks » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:46 am

Remember that if you make up at least some of your own leads. the physical location of the pedals doesn't have to reflect the connection order. This can make it easier to fit more pedals in the space available.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Previous