You are here

Starting over advice - studio set-up

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Starting over advice - studio set-up

Postby spaceburglar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:24 am

Hi team, I'm planning to resume home-recording and would love your perspective. I've always been a bit of a lazy producer, and badically used Fruity Loops to sequence samples that I recorded on SoundForge i.e. guitar etc i.e didnt even use tracks.
I want to set up a new studio and would love yr recommendations on software and hardware with minimal learning curves, for Window: a recording and production program that allows for sequencing and track-based production that is really basic (more basic than FL or Ableton?); software for recording separately from the production software; a vocal VST with great presets for making vocals sound great and integrated. I basically plan to program bass, record my guitar, sample drums, record vocals. I want like an 8 or 16 track recorder that I can also do sequencing with .... thoughts?
spaceburglar

Re: Starting over advice - studio set-up

Postby The Elf » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:02 pm

Any modern DAW will do what you want without even breaking sweat.

Do you have an audio interface? If not, then you will need one - and that may come with a DAW (most often a cut-down version) that may be all you need.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.