You are here

Korg Arp 2600 in 2020

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby baward » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:18 pm

IAA wrote:Sold out at Andertons before I even had chance to speak with Mrs IAA :( :(

Rumours appear to suggest a mini version may be in the pipeline??? :headbang:

Or an unlimited orange/black variation?
baward
Regular

Postby Arpangel » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:12 am

IAA wrote:Sold out at Andertons before I even had chance to speak with Mrs IAA :( :(

Rumours appear to suggest a mini version may be in the pipeline??? :headbang:

What? And time’s are supposed to be hard, there’s no shortage of people with three grand to spend.
I’d rather put that three grand towards the cost of an original, which will always hold its value.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Postby The Elf » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:52 am

Arpangel wrote:I’d rather put that three grand towards the cost of an original, which will always hold its value.
I'd rather spend three grand (plus) on a brand new synth, than spend that, and more, on an old machine with the liability of repairs and maintenance.

Plus who's to say that this new version won't hold its value?
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby IAA » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:50 pm

I'd rather spend three grand (plus) on a brand new synth, than spend that, and more, on an old machine with the liability of repairs and maintenance.

Absolutely when the new synths are from companies with great legacies or are working with The original teams/designers.

I agree it’s not a small amount, but compared with the cost of say custom guitars, acoustic instruments, new dining table and chairs (don’t ask but who would believe......)
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:15 am

One of the major attractions of the ARP2600 for me was the feedback loops you could create, I’m wondering if this a Korg will behave in the same way?
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Arpangel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:43 am

OK, I woke up this morning and thought, damn it, I’ll have one.
I just called GAK, they’ve been allocated two, and they’ve been sold, plus they have 30 preorders that can’t be fulfilled. This is ridiculous.
The salesman was very apologetic, I guess it’s going to be a very "limited" limited edition.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby The Elf » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:14 am

Arpangel wrote:OK, I woke up this morning and thought, damn it, I’ll have one.
I just called GAK, they’ve been allocated two, and they’ve been sold, plus they have 30 preorders that can’t be fulfilled. This is ridiculous.
The salesman was very apologetic, I guess it’s going to be a very "limited" limited edition.
Wow! That was an about-turn!

I have a feeling you may be glad you missed this bus, as there will be another along shortly...
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:23 am

The Elf wrote:
Arpangel wrote:OK, I woke up this morning and thought, damn it, I’ll have one.
Wow! That was an about-turn!

I have a feeling you may be glad you missed this bus, as there will be another along shortly...

Yes, would that be bus No 2600 "B"

:D :D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Folderol » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Sounds like you activated the 'Limiter' Bus :lol:
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Postby Arpangel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:40 am

It would be nice to have access to all those lovely feedback loops, the 2600 is a truly unique thing, even by today’s standards, capable of beautiful sounds.
If I wait and don’t persevere in buying this Korg, what are the chances it’ll disappear from production, and Behringer won’t pick up the baton, so nothing will be available.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby IAA » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:01 am

If I wait and don’t persevere in buying this Korg, what are the chances it’ll disappear from production, and Behringer won’t pick up the baton, so nothing will be available.
......then it’s the Arturia 2600v :bouncy:
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am

IAA wrote:
......then it’s the Arturia 2600v :bouncy:

Ha Ha! I’ve got it, it’s "OK" for some things, but not for others, it doesn’t respond well to feeding back like the hardware.
I have the Arturia Buchla Easel too, same thing, not a patch on the original.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Dave B » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:06 am

My gut feeling is that Korg will probably do more batches. I wouldn't be surprised to see a black and orange version to make the first run more desirable. And if they do make a module / smaller form factor version, I'd guess that it would have all the same patch points.

And the Berry seems fairly far along to be dropped. The only question there is how close to the original will it be? And, if their other offerings are anything to go by, I'd guess that it will be pretty close...
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby Arpangel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 am

Dave B wrote:My gut feeling is that Korg will probably do more batches. I wouldn't be surprised to see a black and orange version to make the first run more desirable. And if they do make a module / smaller form factor version, I'd guess that it would have all the same patch points.

And the Berry seems fairly far along to be dropped. The only question there is how close to the original will it be? And, if their other offerings are anything to go by, I'd guess that it will be pretty close...

There’s something clean and tidy and just right about this Korg version, looks really cool, not sure about the how the Behringer will turn out, but I’m guessing it will be Just a bit "tacky"
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby The Elf » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:16 am

Arpangel wrote:not sure about the how the Behringer will turn out, but I’m guessing it will be Just a bit "tacky"
Think again. Try the Odyssey, or the VC340 and you will be very pleasantly surprised. If the 2600 is anything like it will be fine.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

PreviousNext