You are here

Korg Arp 2600 in 2020

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby baward » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:18 pm

IAA wrote:Sold out at Andertons before I even had chance to speak with Mrs IAA :( :(

Rumours appear to suggest a mini version may be in the pipeline??? :headbang:

Or an unlimited orange/black variation?
baward
Regular
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:00 am
 

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby Arpangel » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:12 am

IAA wrote:Sold out at Andertons before I even had chance to speak with Mrs IAA :( :(

Rumours appear to suggest a mini version may be in the pipeline??? :headbang:

What? And time’s are supposed to be hard, there’s no shortage of people with three grand to spend.
I’d rather put that three grand towards the cost of an original, which will always hold its value.
User avatar
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3734
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby The Elf » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:52 am

Arpangel wrote:I’d rather put that three grand towards the cost of an original, which will always hold its value.
I'd rather spend three grand (plus) on a brand new synth, than spend that, and more, on an old machine with the liability of repairs and maintenance.

Plus who's to say that this new version won't hold its value?
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 14247
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby IAA » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:50 pm

I'd rather spend three grand (plus) on a brand new synth, than spend that, and more, on an old machine with the liability of repairs and maintenance.

Absolutely when the new synths are from companies with great legacies or are working with The original teams/designers.

I agree it’s not a small amount, but compared with the cost of say custom guitars, acoustic instruments, new dining table and chairs (don’t ask but who would believe......)
IAA
Frequent Poster
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:00 am

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby Arpangel » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:15 am

One of the major attractions of the ARP2600 for me was the feedback loops you could create, I’m wondering if this a Korg will behave in the same way?
User avatar
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3734
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby Arpangel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:43 am

OK, I woke up this morning and thought, damn it, I’ll have one.
I just called GAK, they’ve been allocated two, and they’ve been sold, plus they have 30 preorders that can’t be fulfilled. This is ridiculous.
The salesman was very apologetic, I guess it’s going to be a very "limited" limited edition.
User avatar
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3734
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby The Elf » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:14 am

Arpangel wrote:OK, I woke up this morning and thought, damn it, I’ll have one.
I just called GAK, they’ve been allocated two, and they’ve been sold, plus they have 30 preorders that can’t be fulfilled. This is ridiculous.
The salesman was very apologetic, I guess it’s going to be a very "limited" limited edition.
Wow! That was an about-turn!

I have a feeling you may be glad you missed this bus, as there will be another along shortly...
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 14247
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby Arpangel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:23 am

The Elf wrote:
Arpangel wrote:OK, I woke up this morning and thought, damn it, I’ll have one.
I just called GAK, they’ve been allocated two, and they’ve been sold, plus they have 30 preorders that can’t be fulfilled. This is ridiculous.
The salesman was very apologetic, I guess it’s going to be a very "limited" limited edition.
Wow! That was an about-turn!

I have a feeling you may be glad you missed this bus, as there will be another along shortly...

Yes, would that be bus No 2600 "B"

:D :D
User avatar
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3734
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby Folderol » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Sounds like you activated the 'Limiter' Bus :lol:
User avatar
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10521
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:00 am
Location: The Mudway Towns, UK
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby Arpangel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:40 am

It would be nice to have access to all those lovely feedback loops, the 2600 is a truly unique thing, even by today’s standards, capable of beautiful sounds.
If I wait and don’t persevere in buying this Korg, what are the chances it’ll disappear from production, and Behringer won’t pick up the baton, so nothing will be available.
User avatar
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3734
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby IAA » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:01 am

If I wait and don’t persevere in buying this Korg, what are the chances it’ll disappear from production, and Behringer won’t pick up the baton, so nothing will be available.
......then it’s the Arturia 2600v :bouncy:
IAA
Frequent Poster
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:00 am

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby Arpangel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am

IAA wrote:
If I wait and don’t persevere in buying this Korg, what are the chances it’ll disappear from production, and Behringer won’t pick up the baton, so nothing will be available.
......then it’s the Arturia 2600v :bouncy:

Ha Ha! I’ve got it, it’s "OK" for some things, but not for others, it doesn’t respond well to feeding back like the hardware.
I have the Arturia Buchla Easel too, same thing, not a patch on the original.
User avatar
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3734
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby Dave B » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:06 am

My gut feeling is that Korg will probably do more batches. I wouldn't be surprised to see a black and orange version to make the first run more desirable. And if they do make a module / smaller form factor version, I'd guess that it would have all the same patch points.

And the Berry seems fairly far along to be dropped. The only question there is how close to the original will it be? And, if their other offerings are anything to go by, I'd guess that it will be pretty close...
User avatar
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5481
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Maidenhead
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby Arpangel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 am

Dave B wrote:My gut feeling is that Korg will probably do more batches. I wouldn't be surprised to see a black and orange version to make the first run more desirable. And if they do make a module / smaller form factor version, I'd guess that it would have all the same patch points.

And the Berry seems fairly far along to be dropped. The only question there is how close to the original will it be? And, if their other offerings are anything to go by, I'd guess that it will be pretty close...

There’s something clean and tidy and just right about this Korg version, looks really cool, not sure about the how the Behringer will turn out, but I’m guessing it will be Just a bit "tacky"
User avatar
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3734
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Re: Korg Arp 2600 next year

Postby The Elf » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:16 am

Arpangel wrote:not sure about the how the Behringer will turn out, but I’m guessing it will be Just a bit "tacky"
Think again. Try the Odyssey, or the VC340 and you will be very pleasantly surprised. If the 2600 is anything like it will be fine.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 14247
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

PreviousNext