You are here

Novation Summit

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Novation Summit

Postby blinddrew » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 am

:thumbup:
Buyer's remorse is a very real thing and I'd be very surprised if any of us hadn't been there at some point.
But if you're enjoying making music then it's all worthwhile. :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby The Elf » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:03 am

:thumbup:
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby masterleader » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:12 am

I'm looking to buy a Summit very soon but I keep reading on "gearslutz" about serious keybed issues. Anyone having those here?
Sounds like random spacing and or raised/lowered keys. Also, the aftertouch is very hard and very inconsistent across different keys.
I'm hoping these are isolated cases as I really want to pick one up.
masterleader

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Can't say I've noticed any of that on mine but to be honest I haven't done much other than use it as a sound source amongst many others.

I'm away from the studio for the next 10 days so I'm afraid I can't double check the aftertouch either.

That said, I've used it a few times in jams and haven't had any problems at all.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Postby forumuser653351 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:03 am

masterleader wrote:I'm looking to buy a Summit very soon but I keep reading on "gearslutz" about serious keybed issues. Anyone having those here?
Sounds like random spacing and or raised/lowered keys. Also, the aftertouch is very hard and very inconsistent across different keys.
I'm hoping these are isolated cases as I really want to pick one up.

The keys on my Summit are all flush and evenly spaced. To me the keyboard feels very good and is nice to play. I personally feel that I have to press the keys a bit harder than I thought I would to engage aftertouch. I am getting used to it and it’s not a problem - it’s good to learn that I have a preference for a lighter aftertouch action. I'm sure that everyones preference is slightly different.
Overall I feel that the Summit is a very very good synth, I am extremely happy with mine and it’s really enjoyable creating sounds and making music with it. Which, for me, is the main thing.
forumuser653351
Regular

Postby masterleader » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Did you get yours recently? I wonder if some of the keybed issues have been addressed like tge encoder problem
masterleader

Postby masterleader » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:Can't say I've noticed any of that on mine but to be honest I haven't done much other than use it as a sound source amongst many others.

I'm away from the studio for the next 10 days so I'm afraid I can't double check the aftertouch either.

That said, I've used it a few times in jams and haven't had any problems at all.

Thank you
masterleader

Postby forumuser653351 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:32 pm

masterleader wrote:Did you get yours recently? I wonder if some of the keybed issues have been addressed like tge encoder problem
I got my Summit in January, it was the batch after they had sorted out the issue where they had to recalled the first ones made.
forumuser653351
Regular

Previous