You are here

Silent mouse - is there such a thing?

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Re: Silent mouse - is there such a thing?

Postby recordplay » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:13 pm

it would be useful for radio stations, We've got a trackerball at our station, but you still hear it clicking if you listen carefully
recordplay
Regular
Pinkpenny Records | Twitter

Postby thushara25 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:41 am

_Nuno_ wrote:This mouse is supposed to be silent, according to on-line reviews. It's very expensive but probably worth the price in order to avoid trouble at home. I'm not sure it's available in Europe though.

No, you find a silent mouse in good price, like emopeak silent wireless mouse, it only $12.98. it is a great mouse for use in an office environment.
thushara25
Reviews, Buyer's Guide silent mouse

Postby Mixedup » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:48 pm

I'd go for a good trackpad, set up to tap for left click, two fingered tap for right click... And if you don't get on with navigating by trackpad, I'd use a mouse for that, and use the trackpad as a huge but silent mouse button. :headbang:
Mixedup
Jedi Poster

Postby Mixedup » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Ah... I see I'm commenting on a more-than-decade-old post :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Mixedup
Jedi Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Indeed... funny what things people can find and respond to when they have a link to promote... but it's a useful thread with useful recommendation, nonetheless.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby wireman » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:02 pm

comradec wrote:Does anyone know of a commercially available computer mouse that doesn't actually click? I mean one that works, obviously.

Alternatively, don't use a mouse...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/accessibility/guides/keyboard_mouse/computer/win/win7/index.shtml
https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Foot-Switch-Keyboard-Pedal/dp/B008MU0TBU
wireman
Frequent Poster

Postby CS70 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:Indeed... funny what things people can find and respond to when they have a link to promote... but it's a useful thread with useful recommendation, nonetheless.

Well I've gotta thank thushara25 anyways - this gotta be one of the funniest thread I've read in years on SOS.

I wonder if comradec's partnership is still going strong or not.. :D
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby ef37a » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:19 pm

I have one of theses: https://www.johnlewis.com/microsoft-all ... lsrc=aw.ds

Got mine ages ago from Sainsburys, uses two AAA cells which apparently last for ever. Comes with a tiny dongle.

I got mine to replace a wired kbd and mouse for a computer in my living room. The trackpad does not 'click' as such but makes a very quiet, dull thud. Quieter even than the buttons on my HP laptop.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby BJG145 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:40 am

To be fair, there's only one thing that annoys me more than necroposting, and that's clicky mice. I was rummaging through a box of them in my office the other day trying to find the quietest one, but they're all rubbish. I'm really surprised no-one has come up with a good cheap one.

(Forums oughta have a control for preventing new users from bumping old threads.)
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby ef37a » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:23 am

BJG145 wrote:To be fair, there's only one thing that annoys me more than necroposting, and that's clicky mice. I was rummaging through a box of them in my office the other day trying to find the quietest one, but they're all rubbish. I'm really surprised no-one has come up with a good cheap one.

(Forums oughta have a control for preventing new users from bumping old threads.)

Oo! I don't know? SOME people take great pleasure in pointing out that one of us has been 'fooled'. They probably don't get out much?

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Previous