You are here

Logic: signal at Stereo Out but no sound?

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Logic: signal at Stereo Out but no sound?

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Wed May 27, 2020 2:31 pm

Any thoughts anyone? I have signal on channels and on the stereo out, but no sound coming out of Logic. Nothing muted or faders down etc. This is only happening on one project, others still work fine. What have I done this time???
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)
"The performance is 99.9% of what people hear"- J. Leckie
"It's all complete nonsense, anyone who knows what they're doing can deliver great results with whatever comes to hand" - H. Robjohns

Re: Logic: signal at Stereo Out but not at Master Fader???

Postby desmond » Wed May 27, 2020 2:44 pm

Which outputs?

Do you have those output channels turned up in your audio software control panel?

Is the master fader in Logic turned up?
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: Logic: signal at Stereo Out but no sound?

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Wed May 27, 2020 2:47 pm

Sorry, don't understand what you mean by 'which outputs?' This is just the main stereo out. Can this be routed somewhere else other than the main outs into my interface?

And other projects work fine, it's just this one. It's a template from Spitfire so maybe it got corrupted in the download?
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)
"It's all complete nonsense, anyone who knows what they're doing can deliver great results with whatever comes to hand" - H. Robjohns

Postby Kwackman » Wed May 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Dr Huge Longjohns wrote: It's a template from Spitfire so maybe it got corrupted in the download?
Does Logic still "see" your interface?
Kwackman
Frequent Poster
Cubase, guitars.

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Wed May 27, 2020 3:03 pm

AHA!! Sorted. I opened the Focusrite software panel and saw that this project was 48khz not 44.1. Changed the project setting to 44.1 and bingo, it works.

How odd that Logic doesn't give you a notification of some sort if the project sample rate doesn't match your default?

This is the free Spitfire Strings library which launched today, Discover. Fantastic, by the way.

Thanks chaps.
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Wed May 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Desmond, I think I'm chatting with you on Logic Pro too! Saw your footer links. THanks for your help (again!)
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby desmond » Wed May 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Dr Huge Longjohns wrote:Sorry, don't understand what you mean by 'which outputs?' This is just the main stereo out. Can this be routed somewhere else other than the main outs into my interface?

Well, interfaces often have multiple sets of outputs. It's possible projects have things routed to various sets or pairs of outputs - eg surround is quite common for scoring stuff.

You may think everything's going to the stereo master output, but you look at find that the stereo output in use is output 7-8, which on your interface might be the digital outs or something else you're not using, or might otherwise be muted in your control panel.

Dr Huge Longjohns wrote:Desmond, I think I'm chatting with you on Logic Pro too! Saw your footer links. THanks for your help (again!)

:wave: :thumbup:
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Wed May 27, 2020 3:21 pm

You may think everything's going to the stereo master output, but you look at find that the stereo output in use is output 7-8,

OK, I'm with you, cheers.
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby DanielBeach » Wed May 27, 2020 3:50 pm

Dr Huge Longjohns wrote:AHA!!

This is the free Spitfire Strings library which launched today, Discover. Fantastic, by the way.

Thanks chaps.

Free Spitfire Strings? Where? What? How?!

Seriously - I can’t find this but love Spitfire libraries so please do share :-)
DanielBeach
Regular

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Wed May 27, 2020 3:54 pm

You just have to fill in a quick questionnaire, otherwise it's £49 which is still a bargain as it's fantastic. I've just got mine this morning and had a quick play, hence the problem with the template, but this is an amazing bargain. They're not multi-layered, super round-robinned, but enough for me doing pop and rock type arrangements.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/bbc-symphony-orchestra-discover/
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby DanielBeach » Wed May 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Fantastic, thanks. I’d forgotten all about it - had actually done the questionnaire, now just need to download.
DanielBeach
Regular
Daniel Beach
----------------
Logic Pro X 10.5, Yamaha MODX8 keys, NI Komplete 12, AmpleSound Guitars, various other software!

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Wed May 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Blimey, I thought I was getting forgetful! :D
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby blinddrew » Wed May 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Thanks Dr Huge, added to the list. :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby rACed2 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:21 am

My thanks for mention spitfire’s offer too. I have wanted to try their stuff. :thumbup:
rACed2
Regular
Organ, synth’s x2 Not enough time or talent.

Postby Logarhythm » Thu May 28, 2020 1:43 pm

Dr Huge Longjohns wrote:You just have to fill in a quick questionnaire, otherwise it's £49 which is still a bargain as it's fantastic. I've just got mine this morning and had a quick play, hence the problem with the template, but this is an amazing bargain. They're not multi-layered, super round-robinned, but enough for me doing pop and rock type arrangements.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/bbc-symphony-orchestra-discover/

Glad I stopped by this thread even though I know virtually nothing about Logic or Macs!
Thanks for sharing the link - I'll knock £49 off the £billions you still owe for the studio refit and associated metaphysical devices :thumbup:
Logarhythm
Frequent Poster
Location: On an intergalactic voyage to collect fresh electrons

Next