You are here

Live Accompaniment/Arpeggiator Apps?

For all other computers and operating systems, including Atari, Linux and mobile apps.

Live Accompaniment/Arpeggiator Apps?

Postby jlsy2020 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:56 am

Hi,

I am looking for software/app solution (MacOSX, iOS, etc.) that provide live, automatic arpeggiater functionality similar to the Drum Tracks + Bass functions in Yamaha's Motif line, Korg's Kronos/Krome/Kross lines, and a lot of the music arranger keyboard lines like the Korg PA line.

Now I know Band in a Box does 'auto accompaniment' but not sure if it can do this 'live' - ie I play a chord on the left hand, and melody on the right hand, and the bass, drum etc follows along, with some variations switchable.

Genre wise, Jazz, Funk, R&B, Fusion and Hip Hop are must haves for me

I know a lot of the basic electronic keyboards have these functionality but the quality of chords and arrangements are kind of 'childish' if you know what I mean. I am looking for high quality, contemporary stuff that the Korg, Yamaha and Roland lines of mainstream synth offers.

Now I do own the following hardware and software, and I would love some pointers on whether the existing inventory can also achieve what I need. Many thanks!

- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live
- Mainstage
- Many MIDI keyboards...

Many thanks!
Joe
jlsy2020

Re: Live Accompaniment/Arpeggiator Apps?

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:17 am

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

I'm not sure if it will do what you need but have you looked at the Digitech Trio?

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/guitar-pedals/looper-pedals/digitech-trio-advanced-band-creator-and-looper-pedal
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........