You are here

help - 0xc00d6d6f error

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

help - 0xc00d6d6f error

Postby scrasey » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:47 pm

I've just added a behringer 1820 audio interface along with a MODX 7 to add to my fantom x7 and Korg N5 EX. problem is, before i even turn on the keyboards and make sure they are connected and working correctly I am getting computer audio and say youtube audio working anything from 2 seconds to 12 seconds and then I get this error 0xc00d6d6f. I've tried most of the fixes, such as re-installing drivers and software etc. but to no avail. I'm at my wits end, any help really appreciated.

Moved topic to the Windows Music forum -- ED.
scrasey

Re: help - 0xc00d6d6f error

Postby salsajaman » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:51 pm

I always get this error when I turn my monitor off and on while a video is playing on my PC. I fix it by disconnecting my USB DAC/AMP that my headphones are plugged into, reloading the media, and reconnecting. I guess doing it through device manager would have the same effect. It probably won't help but this is like the only place on the internet talking about error 0xc00d6d6f :think:
salsajaman

Re: help - 0xc00d6d6f error

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:34 am

I found this article on the Microsoft support forums, but it's not quite the same error (though it is audio related) and is a little vague.

Have you double checked that the device drivers for all audio devices are up to date?

Edit: I've found where the error "0xc00d6d6f" is declared in the Windows SDK. It's in a C header file called Mferror.h and the meaning associated with it is (I quote):

"The requested operation is not supported for the currently set combination of mediatypes."

Hopefully that provides something that can be used to help track the issue down.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project