You are here

Korg Triton LE Synth... what are your thoughts on it?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Korg Triton LE Synth... what are your thoughts on it?

Postby anna-marie music » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:53 am

I want to know what your thoughts are on the Korg Triton LE synth (circa approx 1985)... I bought one second-hand at the end of last year and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! The different programs/settings on it are amazing (the Amp-Driven Wurly effect is my favorite!); and even though it is definitely an older model, I find that I actually prefer it to the newer Korg keyboards on the market these days!
anna-marie music
Poster
I've always had a passion for music. Influenced by the likes of Michelle Branch, Kelly Clarkson, and Mandy Moore; my music style is alternative pop based with a little hint of country.

Re: Korg Triton LE Synth... what are your thoughts on it?

Postby Fizmo100 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:19 am

1985?!?!? They came out in 2002! If yu'd had a Triton LE in 1985 you would have been hailed as a super-advanced space being from the future and worshiped as a divine being.

They are great boards, and imo they still sound excellent today. I think if I was in the market for something of that nature though I would hold out for a Triton classic, they go for peanuts, and you get more effects and a better keybed, plus you get the bigger touch screen vs the Triton LE. I nabbed a pristine 61 key Triton Classic (still in the original box) for £250 - I don't get why they are so cheap, maybe because they sold a lot of them back in the day.

Glad you like your LE!
Fizmo100
Poster

Postby Arpangel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:03 am

I had a Triton Studio 61, I shouldn’t have sold it, the build quality of these synths is superb, with great keyboards, I’m looking out for a Triton Max, it has all the physical modelling stuff thrown in.
I still have loads of sounds I made for mine on floppies, the filters, effects, are staggering, and yes, it makes you wonder what’s the point in buying anything current.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby BJG145 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Arpangel wrote:I had a Triton Studio 61, I shouldn’t have sold it, the build quality of these synths is superb, with great keyboards.

True, the LE packs a lot of sounds into a compact case but the bigger Tritons were very well built. I kept one as a master keyboard for donkey's years.
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Just for info - a very good review in its time.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/korg-triton-le
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby anna-marie music » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:27 am

Fizmo100 wrote:1985?!?!? They came out in 2002! If yu'd had a Triton LE in 1985 you would have been hailed as a super-advanced space being from the future and worshiped as a divine being.

Ooh, I just looked it up on Google and you're totally right about it being made in 2002. My bad! When I got it second-hand, I was told that it was made about 30 years ago... the auction place must not have known much about it.
anna-marie music
Poster
I've always had a passion for music. Influenced by the likes of Michelle Branch, Kelly Clarkson, and Mandy Moore; my music style is alternative pop based with a little hint of country.

Postby DanR » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:44 pm

I have the Triton Extreme 61. Great workstation with quality Yamaha keybed.
I don’t think keyboard action on synths has improved much since although I do like Roland’s Jupiter 50/80 keybed.
Bought the Extreme soon after it was released so paid top dollar. Have thought about maybe updating to a Kronos or something but the Triton does everything I need and sounds amazing.
DanR
Regular

Postby MOF » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:20 pm

I had a Triton Studio 61, I shouldn’t have sold it, the build quality of these synths is superb
You can buy the software version from Korg along with all the expansion sound packs.
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:16 pm

The Triton, in all its incarnations, is a jolly nice synth and certainly has a lot of 'Korg magic' in the finesse of its ROM waveforms, a powerful FX routing system, a lovely sequencer and is worthy of respect. I owned one for a couple of years.

I do prefer the Trinity but were I not to have one my studio, I'd likely have a Triton of some description.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project