You are here

TC flashback: do i get two pedals or a new big one

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

TC flashback: do i get two pedals or a new big one

Postby hooty2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:51 am

hi,
my first outing to this part of the forum & a reiterated confession that goes to my struggle with understanding tech' specs'.
I have a TC flashback2 delay.
I'm rehearsing a revision to my sung poem.
I have the TC set to a short delay that enhances (if i say so myself) the guitar arpeggios..
when i come to a moody part of the song, i want a longer delay.
i've been imagining how i could do that in post, but that subtly affects the dynamics of the performance.....(ie, no live feedback etc)
so i looked at the TCx4 & read SOS reviews and the TC overview etc.
I couldn't confirm that i can set two delays and flick between them with the press of a switch.
so, i offered to buy my friends TC2 flashback and simply link the two TC2's and press as required.

Does any user out there have any thoughts about this or clarification?
cheers
hooty2
Regular

Re: TC flashback: do i get two pedals or a new big one

Postby CS70 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:38 am

Yeah, using individual delay pedals with different settings is a common way to do stuff... depending on the set, I do gigs with no less than three!

If you have to do it in the same song, however, it's a little more complicated, because you usually don't have the time (and will) to push two switches rapidly in sequence: you want to have a single switch controlling which effect path is taken by the signal.

There's a few ways to do it: either an analog pedal that allows to change presets on the fly (my old EHX Memory Man with Hazarai used to do that, I think), or a digital pedal for the same, or two pedals and A/B boxes, or a control pedal which allow you to set two different effects paths with a single switch.

Of course digital multi-fx are perfect for these things, but way overkill if you only have that small application.

Two pedals and a A/B box (I use Radial's HotShot, but there's many) can be a good solution for that specific problem, especially if you find the A/B box used. However, if you plan to do many in-song changes that require changes of parameters on the fly, then definitely look at a digital FX, Line6 has seriously good stuff.. the DL4 (specific for delays) is used the world over, while the M Series pedals do a much bigger amount of effects, and especially the smaller M6 could work for you if you need more than just delays.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page