You are here

Alto Acl2 Compressor Gate

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Alto Acl2 Compressor Gate

Postby JRocker » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:01 pm

Anybody know what they're like? I can't find any reviews, though I have been told that though they are a budget line, they're a great unit.
JRocker
Regular

Re: Alto Acl2 Compressor Gate

Postby James Perrett » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:43 pm

I don't know about the Alto, but if you are looking for a budget compressor I can highly recommend the FMR Audio RNC 1773. It is very clean and transparent.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby JRocker » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:11 pm

Thanks for that recommendation. I am actually needing a rackmounted compressor.

Still needing any info re: Alto. All I kn ow is it was built by an Italian company and seems to be a 'copy'...
JRocker
Regular

Postby Arpangel » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 am

This’ll be similar to the Behringer, Samson type of quality. Certainly nothing to write home about, but it’ll be "OK" for bread and butter duties.
Ceratainly not worth getting too concerned about, it’s cheap, so...
I have a Behringer Composer which is fine, you don’t know it’s there really, on average settings.
There’s the Alesis 3632, previously the 3630, that has a bit more atitude, it’s been going for years because it’s probably the most popular budget compressor, it definitely has a character when pushed hard, initially favoured by dance music people for its saturation and pumping effect. It has a very smooth sound when used gently.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster