You are here

RME Babyface Pro FS vs MOTU Ultralite AVB

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

RME Babyface Pro FS vs MOTU Ultralite AVB

Postby dchalfon74 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:29 pm

i am looking for a new audio interface with adat in so i can use my tascam US20x20 as a preamp only. i was sold on the Babyface pro fs, but there are good black friday deals on the MOTU Ultralite avb. form factor is no an issue. will use it with a mac
opinions?
dchalfon74
New here

Re: RME Babyface Pro FS vs MOTU Ultralite AVB

Postby w oxo cube » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:35 pm

All I can say is if you want an easy life go with RME - They sound pristine as well. Can't comment on the MOTU I'm sure it will be great but after 13 year rock solid performance from my FW400 I can't fault RME
w oxo cube
Regular

Postby The Elf » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:49 pm

With RME you get TotalMix - that would be a huge part of my purchasing decision.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby major_mixing » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Choose RME for use! I use this brand for 10 years and this one is the best in the market.
It works well after so many years.
Really really amazing quality product.
major_mixing
New here
Major Mixing provides music mixing and mastering services to elevate the sound of your music.

Visit our website - Major Mixing|Online Mixing and Mastering Service

Postby Arpangel » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:05 am

I agree about RME, good software, Total Mix is great, but sonically I’d be looking at the Motu, you need to listen you can’t buy blind, as always this is personal, but there is a difference, if I had to describe it I’d say the RME is "harder" more brittle, the Motu is slightly smoother, but that may equate to "coloured" in some people’s books, but I’ve owned both, and kept the Motu.
All interfaces don’t sound the same, you have to choose, and it’s not a simple decision.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster