You are here

Gravity Stands

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

Gravity Stands

Postby Dynamic Mike » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:35 am

I was looking for a decent guitar stand to hold 5-6 guitars for home use. Having trawled the Amazon options, I checked out G4M instead and settled on this https://tinyurl.com/y6p98dy6

I've not heard of Gravity Stands before so it was a bit of a gamble but for £48 it seemed worth a punt. It arrived today, took less than 10 minutes to assemble & I couldn't be more pleased. The quality is really good, much better than Stagg and the cheap clones, & I love the way you can configure it however you need with the snap on holders. I comfortably fitted one bass guitar, three solid bodies, one semi-acoustic & a small acoustic (APX5). I could probably fit one more solid/semi at a push.

The holders on the top bar are a sort of soft touch vinyl, which seems a bit more secure than foam covered steel as it's slightly grippy & you can space them anyway you want. Any unused ones are quite handy for a coiled lead or strap. A fairly minor point but you get plain black bands supplied to replace the green ones if they don't suit your decor (9 other colours are available to order!).

Delivery was pricey at £8.50 but I opted for a timed Sunday delivery slot, cheaper options were available. And 22 hours from placing the order to delivery isn't too shabby.
Dynamic Mike
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Innovation usually starts with someone thinking out loud.

Re: Gravity Stands

Postby zenguitar » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:54 am

Nice looking stand. Fortunately for my wallet I have a 5 guitar stand and a 3 guitar stand, as well as a couple of individual stands. Not to mention 5 wall hangers.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
liberté, frivolité et vanité

Re: Gravity Stands

Postby shufflebeat » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:45 am

I've got a more basic model for 5 instruments which doesn't adjust and can be a problem for deep body guitars touching each other but there's a certain flick of the wrist when putting them in which avoids this.

I find it the most practical option for the house, PITA for gigs in small stages.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dance, dance. wherever you may be, for I am the Lord of the damp settee..."

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.