You are here

?? soundcard vs usb mixer ???

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ?? soundcard vs usb mixer ???

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:10 pm

:thumbup: I'm very happy with my X32 Compact.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby The Elf » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:18 pm

:thumbup: Never used one, but it's well thought of. Let us know how you get on.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby CS70 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:51 am

zout wrote:so....

it s done ....

i bought meself a x32 compact!!!

I recorded with one at a studio several years ago, when it'd just come out.. I was playing and not doing the engineering, but I did like the result!

Enjoy!
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby zout » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:06 pm

CS70 wrote:
zout wrote:so....

it s done ....

i bought meself a x32 compact!!!

I recorded with one at a studio several years ago, when it'd just come out.. I was playing and not doing the engineering, but I did like the result!

Enjoy!

thomann contacted me to warn me.... that the packages have been sent :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

so... maybe tomorrow.....( let s be optimistic!!!)
zout
Poster
zout

Postby zout » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:47 pm

HAAAAAA :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mr UPS came by a day earlier than announced by the tracking!!!!

So i m very pleased to report that i m the proud owner of a beautiful and very flexible mixing desk/interface....

i like it a lot , it surely did not transform me into bob clearmountain or Mr lord alge,

but i don t care ,... i m going to be using it a lot...

thanks again for the pondering along with me guys

cheers from the mixing position :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
zout
Poster
zout

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:13 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby uselessoldman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:18 pm

Zout my guess is you are in the EU? After Brexit here in the UK we will get stung (Charged) VAT 20% extra for shipping and import duties when we buy from Thomann.

Seriously annoying cos I was after the X32 full console Thomann are now almost the same price as everyone else unless I can get my hands on a UK based B Stock return.

My fault cos I have spent the past 12 months trying to decide (dithering) whether to get the Compact for full version.
uselessoldman
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:25 pm

uselessoldman wrote:After Brexit here in the UK we will get stung (Charged) VAT 20% extra for shipping and import duties when we buy from Thomann.

Not quite. The VAT would have been paid anyway as part of the purchase price. Now it's done separately on high-price goods. Not really a big deal. There may be a customs duty charge, but that's an obvious and inevitable effect of moving outside the EU (but even then only applies to some goods, and not most sound recording equipment). There may be a customs admin charge from the shipping company to add, too.

Seriously annoying cos I was after the X32 full console Thomann are now almost the same price as everyone else ....

Funny , that... ;-) But on the other hand, in these extremely difficult times it would be good to support UK business owners with your purchasing decisions.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Postby N i g e l » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:19 pm

Ive noticed that Thomann have been expensive for a while. The price is also related to the €/£ exchange rate, which has slumped since 2016 for some reason :roll: .

Thomann say [based on customer feedback]....

for GB, items over £135, that they wont take the VAT off you but it will be collected by UPS at delivery, along with 2.5% for paper work & a minimum £11.50 brokerage charge + possible additional handling fees

for goods <= £135 to N.I. they will take the VAT off you + £8 p&p & there should be no payment required to UPS .
N i g e l
Frequent Poster

Postby zout » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:07 pm

uselessoldman wrote:Zout my guess is you are in the EU?

yes :D

N i g e l wrote:Ive noticed that Thomann have been expensive for a while.

i ve been looking/comparing, but i have not noticed that,
the contrary in fact, i noticed a price levelling between the 3 sites i regularly troll ( musicstore, thomann and gear4music)
all three listed the x32 compact at the same price, i based my buy on other items (multicores... they had the ones i wanted ;) )

and after a recent buy from gear4music ( 2 keyboard stands , 1 coming from german stock, and the other coming from uk stock,... the german one came 3 days post order, the uk one i m still waiting on . 11 days post order), i m not sure i m going to order from the uk anytime soon...
zout
Poster
zout

Postby CS70 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:50 pm

Yeah, such a pity. When I don't DIY, I buy absorbent panels from GIK UK.. I just need a couple of square ones, but as things are I don't dare - no idea when they'll come.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby blinddrew » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:03 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't buy anything across the UK/EU border (either way) that you're not prepared to wait at least a month for (and possibly pay 20% more than you were expecting for).
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby RichardT » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:37 pm

CS70 wrote:Yeah, such a pity. When I don't DIY, I buy absorbent panels from GIK UK.. I just need a couple of square ones, but as things are I don't dare - no idea when they'll come.

Why not buy from GIK EU? They are based in Poland.
RichardT
Frequent Poster

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:37 pm

It could be worse, you could own a boat bought in the UK, sailed in the Med and returned to the UK after Brexshit, you could easily end up having to pay the VAT again when you re-import the boat.

At least when buying from a non-UK, EU retailer they won't charge you local VAT so you won't pay 20% more, and duty is likely to be 0%, even if you pay it it is between 2.5 and 8% so nowhere near 20%...

Just do your homework before clicking the 'Buy Now" button...
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster

Postby RichardT » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:41 pm

RichardT wrote:
CS70 wrote:Yeah, such a pity. When I don't DIY, I buy absorbent panels from GIK UK.. I just need a couple of square ones, but as things are I don't dare - no idea when they'll come.

Why not buy from GIK EU? They are based in Poland.

Just realised that this is Brexit in microcosm - thousands of people are making decisions like this every day.
RichardT
Frequent Poster

PreviousNext