You are here

krk classic 5 Adaptor

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

krk classic 5 Adaptor

Postby mikkiyo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:29 am

Hello
Just purchased a pair of krk classic 5 (pair)
From the USA and since I’m living in EU the volt difference is 110 to 220 (100watts each)
Was wondering which adaptor I should get to avoid monitors being blown
Was suggested to go for 200w for each so as to handle the overload (am a producer and work for hours on sound design)
Would appreciate if you could suggest any adaptor brand that I could order online
Thanks
mikkiyo
New here

Re: krk classic 5 Adaptor

Postby Sam Spoons » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:30 pm

Did you buy them off a retailer? Much better would be to return them and buy some with the correct power requirements. Any transformer or convertor is running the risk of introducing noise into your system.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby mikkiyo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:28 pm

Bought them from the states and it’d be hard to shop them back
Any proven facts that converters would damage the monitors ?
What if I use a converter with 200w for each ?
mikkiyo
New here

Postby Sam Spoons » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:45 pm

There are plenty of converters on Amazon but the quality is not assured. They are unlikely to damage the speakers unless they fail but whether they will be noise free is another matter. WRT power something rated for around twice the consumption of the speakers should be fine.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........