You are here

Yamaha 02R digital mixing console.

Post your own hardware/software reviews.

Re: Yamaha 02R digital mixing console.

Postby Wintersun Project » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:53 pm

Bitter is reading a FULL 24 bit on recapture, no loss of bits, and the audio sounds pristine
im going to have to use something much more surgical to make sure though.
Wintersun Project
Poster

Postby Wintersun Project » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:00 am

oops
Wintersun Project
Poster

Postby Wintersun Project » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:43 pm

MusicScope confirms im getting the dynamic range of 24 bit and there are no unused bits at 24 bit, no blue bits showing at all on the analysis.
so basically im getting 24 bit data out of those TDIF-II cards.
Back through lightpipe and back into my UAD Apollo, super clean no noise.
However, using the yamaha lightpipes is a totally different kettle of fish
they will not do 24 bit without the split and reassemble trick yamaha use.
Ive also bounced a 20bit audio file through as 24 bit and it shows 4 blue unused bits on the play through, so i dont know what the crack is here, all i can say is, if you used the TDIF 2 cards and flick the 24 bit dip switches on im getting fully usable 24 bit I/o with a full channel count, none of this half the channels garbage ! Certainly no noise, i cant find any noise on the capture at all, even fully cranked on the focals !

One things for sure, it sounds great so im going to just get on with using it from here without worrying one way or the other, like Hugh pretty much said, its more than good enough to do the necessary whatever the weather :)
Wintersun Project
Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Wintersun Project wrote:...all i can say is, if you used the TDIF 2 cards and flick the 24 bit dip switches on im getting fully usable 24 bit I/o with a full channel count...

Well, that's a good result, and it makes sense, and 20 bits via ADAT is perfectly workable and really won't be inferior to most 24-bit converters' performance anyway!

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby VTypeV4 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:30 am

Wintersun Project wrote:One things for sure, it sounds great so im going to just get on with using it from here without worrying one way or the other, like Hugh pretty much said, its more than good enough to do the necessary whatever the weather :)

This, exactly this. I couldn't agree more. It's great to see there's at least one other person happy with the results from their 02R. :thumbup:
VTypeV4
Regular

Synkronize Music Group: Mastering House, Multi-track recording and bespoke tuition services.

www.synkronize.co.uk & www.facebook.com/synkronizemusicgroup
Equipped with Yamaha, A&H, JBL, Sony, TC Electronic, DBX and MOTU.

Previous