You are here

MOD Devices "MOD Duo"

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

MOD Devices "MOD Duo"

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri May 18, 2018 11:54 am

This popped up on Facebook, I always fancied an Eventide H5 but managed to resist as it can only host one algorithm at a time. I felt this was too much of a limitation (you can get dual fx algorithms and multiple algorithms can be stored but each active patch can only run 1 effect). The MOD Duo, it appears, can combine a full pedalboard into a patch which makes it much more useful. I'd like a single pedal that could replace my pedalboard, not a trad multi-fx, they all seem to prioritise one family of fx, but a small pedal that can hold all my fx patches for whichever instrument. This also does looping which would make it a perfect perfect one box solution. Can anybody see any obvious pitfalls?
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: MOD Devices "MOD Duo"

Postby Folderol » Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 pm

it's not cheap, but those that use it swear by it.

It is highly configurable, has lots of free official presets just an internet click away and has some built in synth capabilities too.

There are some highly skilled engineers behind its design.
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Just because you know what I'm talking about, it doesn't mean I do!

Re: MOD Devices "MOD Duo"

Postby BobTheDog » Fri May 18, 2018 8:07 pm

I have had one since the beginning, it is unplugged sitting on the floor so not a great recommendation.

The general interface for setting it all up is web based and very good, the choice of fx units is also not bad, what is bad is that they are not great quality.

The HX effects would be a better bet for a multi fx board but if you really want a MOD I could do you a good price, I have the foot switch unit as well. Excellent condition, hardly used.
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster