You are here

Anyone using a Behringer X32 with synths?

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Re: Anyone using a Behringer X32 with synths?

Postby blinddrew » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:46 pm

True, and let's not forget the whole broadband industry with their 'up to XX Mb download" claims.
:madas:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Luke W » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:26 pm

blinddrew wrote:True, and let's not forget the whole broadband industry with their 'up to XX Mb download" claims.
:madas:

They are buggers for it. Something that also throws a lot of people, is that an "Mb" is a Megabit, not Megabyte.
Luke W
Regular
Techie / Musician Of Sorts

Postby hangnef » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:16 am

The Elf wrote:Nope, that Tascam can't do both at the same time. Very few can.

Interesting, I was considering purchasing this over a X32 Compact. Might have to re-think that.

What is the point of the USB/SD/Input switch on each channel if you can't co-mingle the inputs w/ USB?
hangnef

Postby The Elf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:59 am

hangnef wrote:

Interesting, I was considering purchasing this over a X32 Compact. Might have to re-think that.

What is the point of the USB/SD/Input switch on each channel if you can't co-mingle the inputs w/ USB?
I'm not sure what you're picking up on here. My requirement is that the mixer needs to be capable of acting as an audio interface at the same time as recording its inputs internally. Most mixers can't do that. But likely all USB-equipped mixers can mix inputs with USB - which is not what I am referring to.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby hangnef » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:36 pm

The Elf wrote:
hangnef wrote:

I'm not sure what you're picking up on here. My requirement is that the mixer needs to be capable of acting as an audio interface at the same time as recording its inputs internally. Most mixers can't do that. But likely all USB-equipped mixers can mix inputs with USB - which is not what I am referring to.

Ah, so this is about recording rather than playback. Got it. Your Zoom L12 allowed for that, correct?
hangnef

Postby The Elf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:31 pm

hangnef wrote:
The Elf wrote:
hangnef wrote:

Ah, so this is about recording rather than playback. Got it. Your Zoom L12 allowed for that, correct?
Yes, and did a very good job of it too. It has its compromises, as this thread will show, but it is a good device, especially for the money.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Previous