You are here

tutorials

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

tutorials

Postby Niklaus Maximus Lohengrin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:58 pm

In the logic course x-tream drums and beats by bill burgess, mr burgess tells option z initiates the floating color window therefore the 4 answers are all wrong.

What is the Key Command to show or hide the color chooser floating window?

Control-C
Option-Command-Z
Command-Option-C
Command-C

More important: The tutorials should be updated. A lot of things are obsolete.
Niklaus Maximus Lohengrin
New here

Re: tutorials

Postby desmond » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:55 pm

People have key commands set up in different ways. F5 opens the colour palette for me, because I chose to set it up that way. :tongue:

If your key assignments are different (maybe you've inherited old key commands from earlier versions, or you (or him) choose a default set of key commands, or you've edited them) - whatever, just open your key command window, and check the key assignment for that command, and either use that, or change it to something that works for you better.

Tutorials should, imo, be treated as a guide for understanding what's going on and how to do things, not as a serious of steps to just repeat. I know this can be a bit frustrating when you're new and there seems so much to learn, but it will ultimately be more productive once you get over the initial humps...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Re: tutorials

Postby Niklaus Maximus Lohengrin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:43 am

It is a quiz! How should I pass the quiz if the answers are not correct? One answer could be: Desmond has his own key commands. Which would be false either. By the way, Bill Burgess uses the key command option z. Me too. Because it is the default setting. It is just a little bit useful to know what Desmond is doing at home.

2nd point. No the tutorials should be updated because it makes no sense to look for hours where certain things are, for example in new layouts as the Space D in logic has now. If you want to do a course properly you have to repeat the things told. Just listening makes no sense. A tutorial video with updates should be added.
Niklaus Maximus Lohengrin
New here