You are here

Homesafe

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Re: Homesafe

Postby ef37a » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:42 pm

I am incandescent! Just got my TT bill and they have charged me £50 for a total of 13 mins for two calls to an 0904 number (code SCO45)

After spending the better part of an hour on the phone I still cannot get it resolved and they cannot (or will not ) tell me who my wife or I have supposed to have called.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby garrettendi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:59 pm

That's outrageous!

Have you got an account page on their website where you can break down the bill? Then you could get the full number and look it up on Google?
garrettendi
Frequent Poster
"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World)

Postby garrettendi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:07 pm

Googling the matter suggests some companies do call-through services where you call their 0904 number and they redirect you to a company's freephone 0800 number but keep you on the 0904 number, which they then charge you through the nose for at about £3 a minute.
garrettendi
Frequent Poster
"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World)

Postby ef37a » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:15 pm

garrettendi wrote:That's outrageous!

Have you got an account page on their website where you can break down the bill? Then you could get the full number and look it up on Google?

I have the number 09040121938. I have found similar 09040 nuumbres that are a scam bit not that one. If I just knew who it was my wife or I were supposed to have called I would put my hands up and pay it but nobody can tell me that.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:17 pm

ef37a wrote:
garrettendi wrote:That's outrageous!

I have the number 09040121938. I have found similar 09040 nuumbres that are a scam bit not that one. If I just knew who it was my wife or I were supposed to have called I would put my hands up and pay it but nobody can tell me that.

Dave.

Looks like it's a dodgy number alright, and you're not alone :-(

The number 09040121938 has been looked for other times, go to read what the consumers have said about it, and if you want leave a comment

Message from: 2018-09-24 22:16:46

Abuse09040121938
cost £4,96 for 21 second call

(https://en.chichiama.com/to-who-the-num ... 21938.html)

Details about 0904-012-1938
60 visitors have viewed/searched for 0904 012 1938. 0904-012-1938 was first added to our database on 18:04pm Wednesday Jan 16 2019
Below is what some of the users are saying about 09040121938:
Quite a few telephone calls from this phone number. Never ever leaves a voice message.
Posted by Nancie
Friday, 01.18.2019 @ 03:33am

(https://callerlocate.org/number/09040121938)

I can also confirm that 09040121938 is blacklisted by Skype (I tried calling it from my Skype account to see what it was).
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my musical works.
I had a weird time in Surrey once, but that was a drummer's fault.

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:28 pm

If you're not getting any help from TT, you could try letting them know that if they don't help you, you'll take it up with the Communications Ombudsman and see if that gets you any further.

If you want to try and take it further you can use https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sect ... unications to make a complaint about that charge, and they should at least look into it I would have thought.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby DGL. » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 pm

TT were the people who we were with for broadband only when they acquired Tiscali's UK business, great until the suddenly decided they no longer wanted broadband only customers and cut us off, now if we had wanted to leave during a contract they would have charged us lots yet they can cancel our account whenever they like. They also gave by Aunties broadband to the wrong person :roll:

Ended up going with Plusnet and they have been fine for the many years we have now been with them.
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Postby ef37a » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Thank you all for your help. I am having a rest from the stress!

I decided this morning to get a gmail address and so setup an account. "Fairly easy".
Then I clicked on "import contacts" and put in my BT addy. In the list of "things to do" was to accept Yahoo and Oath ads..The VERY things I want shot of!

To add insult to injury when I went through a help procedure I got to a point where they want £5 to join up! Stuff 'em.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby James Perrett » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:08 pm

ef37a wrote:To add insult to injury when I went through a help procedure I got to a point where they want £5 to join up! Stuff 'em.

Something seems odd here - I've never had to accept Yahoo or Oath ads with my Gmail account and I only pay Google money for extra storage (because you can't fit many CD masters in the 15GB they give you for free). Are you sure that these messages come from Google or are they coming from your old BT server? If you use the GMail web interface any advertising is very discrete - just a couple of lines at the top of the Promotions section (which is where all the adverts that other people send you end up anyway).
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:07 pm

James Perrett wrote:
ef37a wrote:To add insult to injury when I went through a help procedure I got to a point where they want £5 to join up! Stuff 'em.

Something seems odd here - I've never had to accept Yahoo or Oath ads with my Gmail account and I only pay Google money for extra storage (because you can't fit many CD masters in the 15GB they give you for free). Are you sure that these messages come from Google or are they coming from your old BT server? If you use the GMail web interface any advertising is very discrete - just a couple of lines at the top of the Promotions section (which is where all the adverts that other people send you end up anyway).

Agreed. Something seems very odd here.

I'm wondering if the device that you're trying to go through this process on is infected with some kind of malware that's redirecting you to scammer services. It could also be one of those infamous 'search toolbar' browser addons or something like that, as they are notorious for forcing ads down your throat.

You definitely do NOT have to accept oath or Yahoo ads to set up a google account and you definitely do NOT have to pay a charge to set up a free gmail account.

I'm also wondering if that high charge to the dodgy number is related.

Have you got any friends or family who are familiar with computers to help you through the process? They should be able to do set up the accounts on a clean system for you.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Previous