You are here

30"ish monitor for 2008 Mac Pro.

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Re: 30"ish monitor for 2008 Mac Pro.

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:12 am

Thanks, LG does have a good rep for TVs so I might have a look at their monitors. I did have a Freeview recorder by LG which the HDD failed prematurely and ended up scrapping it as they were not forthcoming when my local dealer (who sold the brand) asked for an OS to install on the new drive. It's possible the dealer was dodgy though and just didn't want the hassle. I may email LG and ask them myself as I think I may still have the device tucked away somewhere........
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: 30"ish monitor for 2008 Mac Pro.

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:00 am

Ok I bought the iIyama 32" Quad HD monitor and, lets say it is not Plug&Play....... The Mac seems to recognise it, the GPU is capable of significantly more resolution (3849x2160) while the display's native resolution is 2560x1440 but is buggering up the image even when the Mac is showing 'display defaults' are 2560x1440.

Baffled for the moment........
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Previous