You are here

Leads

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Leads

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Having bought a dodgy batch of Duracells from a, apparently, reputable Amazon seller I usually buy own brand from B&Q for Ikea these days. I did buy from Amazon for the show but we changed the batteries every performance (after testing in rehearsal so I knew we could get 2 ½ shows out of a set). Of course the best answer is to avoid wireless mics wherever possible but there are times.......

Neutrik Silent Jacks are the open mic hosts holy grail but occasionally they encounter an active guitar which still pops. I guess it's down to how the battery switching is accomplished.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: Leads

Postby James Perrett » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:18 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:Having bought a dodgy batch of Duracells...

Duracells are the dodgiest batteries you can buy - they're apparently far more likely to leak than the alternatives and, if they don't leak, they'll probably go high resistance after a while. The cheap manganese alkaline alternatives are far more reliable. In my old job we bought tens of thousands of manganese alkaline cells and we very quickly learned not to buy Duracells.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Previous