You are here

Reorder Sends in Logic Pro X's Mixer

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Reorder Sends in Logic Pro X's Mixer

Postby Ylan Sthlm » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:05 am

Dear Friends,

I wonder whether it is possible to change the order of the sends in a channel strip.

This didn't use to bother me till I started using sends to output for headphone mixes.

When I set up for tracking I normally add two sends to headphones. Then when I have added a send to an AUX for a reverb for instance, I have to go looking for the right sends if I want to change the level going to headphones since they end up in different order.

Is it possible?

Humbly, Ylan
Ylan Sthlm
Poster

Re: Reorder Sends in Logic Pro X's Mixer

Postby desmond » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:22 am

No, but it makes no difference to signal flow, so it's purely a layout/workflow issue. If you need to change them, you'll need to do it manually.
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby Ylan Sthlm » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:19 pm

desmond wrote:No, but it makes no difference to signal flow, so it's purely a layout/workflow issue. If you need to change them, you'll need to do it manually.

It's (ironically?) the improvement in setting up headphone mixes that made this start to annoy me. I end up turning up reverb instead of listening level.

Cheers!

Ylan
Ylan Sthlm
Poster

Postby desmond » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 pm

Remember you can rename busses with long and short names, so if you name your headphone busses, you can more easily see them in the channelstrips...
desmond
Jedi Poster