You are here

Can you have too many microphones?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Can you have too many microphones?

Postby Julian_M » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Wonks wrote:You can certainly have too many C1000s.

Just having one really oversteps the mark.

That's not absolutely accurate . . . . I've made very good use of the case and wouldn't mind another . . . case that it is :)

I blush at the memory of just how utterly ignorant I was when I allowed myself to be convinced that a c1000 was, I quote, 'Just perfect for you because it can record acoustic guitars and vocals' :headbang:

Thankfully that was over 20 years ago and as that's the only purchasing decision I really cringe about , I got off pretty lightly :)
Julian_M
Regular

Postby Arpangel » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:32 am

Julian_M wrote:
Wonks wrote:You can certainly have too many C1000s.

Just having one really oversteps the mark.

That's not absolutely accurate . . . . I've made very good use of the case and wouldn't mind another . . . case that it is :)

I blush at the memory of just how utterly ignorant I was when I allowed myself to be convinced that a c1000 was, I quote, 'Just perfect for you because it can record acoustic guitars and vocals' :headbang:

Thankfully that was over 20 years ago and as that's the only purchasing decision I really cringe about , I got off pretty lightly :)

Isn't there a box, or a piece of software that claims to "make any microphone sound like a U87" If it works with a C1000 then they deserve the Nobel Prize...
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby blinddrew » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 am

There's things like the Slate: https://www.slatedigital.com/virtual-microphone-system/
but they're starting with something a bit better than the C1000 :D
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Arpangel » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:15 am

blinddrew wrote:There's things like the Slate: https://www.slatedigital.com/virtual-microphone-system/
but they're starting with something a bit better than the C1000 :D

What's that? an SM58?

:D :D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Previous