You are here

Vitalizer MK2-T Vs ?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Vitalizer MK2-T Vs ?

Postby jaco13 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:50 pm

Hi
think about purchasing
one spl Vitalizer MK2-T
The question of whether there are similar products in its price range And quality?
Is suitable for jazz fusion style?

a question
Is it possible to compare
For*SSL Fusion?
Eldad
jaco13
New here

Re: Vitalizer MK2-T Vs ?

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:00 am

I've lost track a bit of the hardware vs. plugin offerings on the vitalizer front, but in all honesty I don't think hardware is the way to go with them these days. I have a hardware Finalizer 96k but it's gathered dust since I started using a DAW.

The SPL vitalizers are available as plugins now and assuming you're talking about the hardware unit I would suggest checking out the virtual equivalent as it's likely to be cheaper and updated on a more regular basis.

As for styles and genres, the vitalizers are often used as part of a mastering chain and as such should work with anything, so long as you configure it appropriately.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Postby jaco13 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:29 am

Thank you very much eddy
From what I understand
Connect a analog processor or Summing Mixer to mix bus daw
Just improve
am I wrong ?
jaco13
New here

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:32 am

In principle, you are correct although a summing mixer is very different to a Vitalizer.

SPL Vitalizers can be applied to individual tracks, or to sub-groups in a mix as well as to the master buss. It's really down to what you require.

Personally, I think it's a very powerful processor and I like it a lot but it's easy to overdo it or to use it incorrectly which can lead to a slightly 'artificial' sound, but when used on the master mix buss with gentle settings it can enhance the stereo image, brighten the highs and add 'varnish' to a mix very effectively.

Note that in some cases, use of this on the master buss may limit the amount of work that a professional mastering engineer can do on a track, so it should be used carefully.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Postby Zukan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:50 am

What do you need it for?
Zukan

Postby jaco13 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Many thanks to you :)
What I want to do is
Mix and Mastrig
my music
I'm looking for an all in one processor
For that purpose
Thanks
Eldad
jaco13
New here

Postby The Elf » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:03 pm

The Vitalizer is fine for what it is, but what it isn't is an 'all in one' processor, and it is not the first tool you would think of for either mixing or mastering.

An enhancer is a very specific tool for a very specific job, and it is arguable that it's not really necessary these days.

The very fact that you don't seem to know whether it would be of use to you makes me doubt that it would be.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby jaco13 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:16 pm

Thank you :headbang: :mrgreen:
I use
Apollo twin duo
And I wanted to improve the quality of the
mix and the mastering
Is there a recommendation
For improvement
And of course analog
Thanks Eldad
jaco13
New here

Postby The Elf » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Why analogue?

There are good mastering tools available, but limiting yourself only to analogue processors seems odd.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby jaco13 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:24 pm

Can you please
To give me a non-analogous possibility
Thanks
Eldad
jaco13
New here

Postby CS70 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:I've lost track a bit of the hardware vs. plugin offerings on the vitalizer front, but in all honesty I don't think hardware is the way to go with them these days.
The SPL vitalizers are available as plugins now and assuming you're talking about the hardware unit I would suggest checking out the virtual equivalent as it's likely to be cheaper and updated on a more regular basis.

Just a note.. I normally would agree but, with the SPL, things are actually a little different. I don't have the Vitalizer plugin, but I use both a hardware Vitalizer and a Transient Designer, of which I have the plugin (the regular one I think, not the UAD).

For the TD, I find the plugin way harder to use (and easy to overcook) than the hardware counterpart. To the point that I have never really used the plugin on any "commercial" production - either my own music or when I mix for someone else.. while the hardware unit has been in regular use. Maybe it's different for the Vitalizer.

It's an oddity, tough - I totally agree that for the most, plugins are just fine for the job: cheaper, updated, you don't need to print the results to a track if you need more than the physical instances you have etc.

About how useful the Vitalizer is.. it is, but as others have said, if you don't know why it's not yet useful to you.

Besides, I find that the Waves Aural Exciter plugin satisfies 90% of my excitement needs (hmmmm :)), so the Vitalizer is mostly there looking good on the racks
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby CS70 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:39 pm

jaco13 wrote:Can you please
To give me a non-analogous possibility
Thanks
Eldad

The best way to do mastering is to not do it. Rather, send the mix to a mastering house.
Unless you have a separate mastering room and kit available of course (but still it's good to hear the opinion of the mastering engineer, so even then..).
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby jaco13 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:00 pm

I am excited and thank everyone :angel:
About having this discussion from where I live
I am a blackbird :geek:
I'll add that I want the polish and glue for the final mix
What equipment for mixing and mastring
You are using
really