You are here

Text badly positioned in Safari browser

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

Text badly positioned in Safari browser

Postby Smellthevalve » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:17 pm

I don’t know if this is a quirk of iOS 13 but using the website with an ipad today I noticed the text looks different.
Some words are running into each other, the date and time under New posts and Recent topics are below the line, the grey part ‘latest posts, faq, members’ etc looks untidy.
Its like something has been resized or repositioned wrong, I tried turning off JavaScript but it made no difference.
Has there been a major change to the website or has ios 13 screwed up my browser?
Smellthevalve
Regular

Re: Text badly positioned in Safari browser

Postby desmond » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Smellthevalve wrote:I don’t know if this is a quirk of iOS 13 but using the website with an ipad today I noticed the text looks different.
Some words are running into each other, the date and time under New posts and Recent topics are below the line, the grey part ‘latest posts, faq, members’ etc looks untidy.
Its like something has been resized or repositioned wrong, I tried turning off JavaScript but it made no difference.
Has there been a major change to the website or has ios 13 screwed up my browser?

I can't see anything untoward on an iOS13 iPad Mini/Safari, everything looks normal here.

Have you tried a restart, perhaps your device is acting funky..?
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: Text badly positioned in Safari browser

Postby Smellthevalve » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 am

I’ve tried restarting the ipad but still the same problem with soundonsound, other websites look normal (bbc wikipedia amazon apple). I did recently restore from a backup in a vain attempt to go back to ios 12 maybe that caused a problem.
I’ve checked the storage as this device is only 16GB although there is 3 GB spare but maybe ios13 doesn’t work so well with limited space?
The safari app only seems to be using about 100MB (there are 6 other tabs on the go)
Smellthevalve
Regular