You are here

The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby BJG145 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:31 pm

Arpangel wrote:Manufacturers are playing on people’s memories of what others did with these things, it’s got absolutely no relevance to what’s we actually might want to do ourselves, unless you want to sound like and make covers of old tracks, or if you’re in a tribute band

Yes and no...I'd love an OBX, or a CS80, OSCar, 2600 etc because to me, they're nostalgic, highly rated, they look amazing, and they've always been unobtainable. OBXs go for £4K+. I saw a CS80 for £20K+ on Reverb a couple of days ago, but I can't find it now - it probably sold.

Personally I have no interest in recreating Blade Runner or using one of these in a tribute band, but to me they're still inspirational tools.

Elf wrote:When the inaccessible becomes accessible it will lose its appeal. That's the nature of humans.

This is very true though. I'm not very excited about an OBX VST as a substitute; it just doesn't really do it for me. A cheap clone that looks and sounds the same comes a lot closer, but, perversely, the availability does dim the desire a little; the rarity is a factor for me personally.

I'd still like the Behringer 2600 though; they're pretty eye-catching, and I feel I could happily dabble with a hardware clone of one of those for quite a while.
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Arpangel » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:32 am

BJG145 wrote:I'd still like the Behringer 2600 though; they're pretty eye-catching, and I feel I could happily dabble with a hardware clone of one of those for quite a while.

I know I’d be disappointed, even with a real one.
I’ve got the Arturia 2600, and I’ve got used to polyphony, going back to monophonic would make me really frustrated.
I’d like a 2500 though, it’s got nothing to do with anything apart from owning a classic piece of design.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Previous