You are here

Snare reverb?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Snare reverb?

Postby MOF » Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 pm

:lol: :lol: I'm enjoying the laughs here. As far as I'm concerned MOF wins with his agricultural and oil refinery equipment.

Thanks Alasdair. I won't be giving up the day job to go into standup comedy though, I'm dreadful at telling jokes. :)
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby zenguitar » Tue May 19, 2020 12:02 am

And his standing up isn't much better ;)

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby Zukan » Tue May 19, 2020 10:19 am

I recently acquired Exponential Audio's Phoenix Verb for a mad price. It has a 'sizzle verb' which adds life to snares.

Generally, I use plates for snares or even springs. Both work well depending on the context.
Zukan

Postby desmond » Tue May 19, 2020 11:27 am

Zukan wrote:I recently acquired Exponential Audio's Phoenix Verb for a mad price.

It was, like £9 or something... Clearly iZotope are blowing out the old EA plugins - it will be interesting to see what they have Michael Carnes working on for them going forward...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby The Elf » Tue May 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Zukan wrote:I recently acquired Exponential Audio's Phoenix Verb for a mad price. It has a 'sizzle verb' which adds life to snares.

Generally, I use plates for snares or even springs. Both work well depending on the context.
Decent 'verb that one. Certainly glad I snapped it up too, my friend.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby fruitcake » Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 pm

I always hesitate to chime in on matters such as these as I believe it has so much to do with context and taste. Is your snare in a military marching band or a Flock of Seagulls cover band?
That said, there is an excellent article in this month’s SOS on what are all those knobs for on reverbs. Well worth a read if you’re interested in reverbs. It helps to know all the variables that make up a particular sound so that you tweak your reverb to get what you want. Or you can pick through presets to find the one that works for you.
For me I’ve recently been playing with the Exponential Audio verbs. Very deep in the ability to adjust parameters.
fruitcake
Regular
Here are some Unfinished Sounds

Postby baward » Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:
Unless you've got one of THESE in your studio (and what IDIOT hasn't?) you're basically WASTING your time paddling in the SHALLOW end.

Pffffff.

I am fortunate to have a Great British Spring. Boinggg!!
baward
Regular

Postby MOF » Fri May 22, 2020 1:10 am

I am fortunate to have a Great British Spring. Boinggg!!

That's why I bought the UAD AKG BX20 no boings. I couldn't afford the GBS back in the day, I had something even worse.
MOF
Frequent Poster

Previous