You are here

NI Komplete Audio 6 MK2 Gain range

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

NI Komplete Audio 6 MK2 Gain range

Postby dbfs » Mon May 25, 2020 12:39 am

Hi Folks,
Been looking around for the specs for the NI KA6 and cannot seem to find them or indeed a manual which I believe they have not produced.

Also considering an Audient ID4, but wondering which has the best latency.

Any info greatly appreciated.
dbfs
Regular
dbfs

Re: NI Komplete Audio 6 MK2 Gain range

Postby resistorman » Mon May 25, 2020 3:32 am

I believe these days latency is more an issue of drivers than hardware, so you can probably compare company vs company instead of their individual devices.
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Re: NI Komplete Audio 6 MK2 Gain range

Postby ef37a » Mon May 25, 2020 12:33 pm

dbfs wrote:Hi Folks,
Been looking around for the specs for the NI KA6 and cannot seem to find them or indeed a manual which I believe they have not produced.

Also considering an Audient ID4, but wondering which has the best latency.

Any info greatly appreciated.

My Mk1 KA6 came with a very decent A5 book with 55 pages of English but yes, the specifications are virtually non existent, certainly no information regarding the gain or noise performance of the mic pre amps and like you, I can find nothing on line either.

I had a similar problem a few days ago when I wanted the speccs for a Steinberg UR424 and this is an issue I would like the magazine's reviewers to take on board and castigate these manufacturers. After all, it cost the companies next to nothing to have a .pdf spec on file. There had to be one in the design and production process.

I can tell you that although the KA6 does not have a massive amount of gain, what it does have is at very low noise and although you will need the pot at or close to maximum acoustic guitar or speech with a dynamic mic is perfectly possible. I see no reason why the Mkll should be any different?

With regards to latency? You will not have a problem I am sure. The KA6 has the lowest latency of any AI at anything like its price and only bettered by the exotics, e.g. RME.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster