You are here

Tascam Asio drivers

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Tascam Asio drivers

Postby resistorman » Tue May 26, 2020 1:40 am

Hi there. The Tascam Model 12 really appeals to me, but I’ve never used Tascam interfaces before. I was wondering how well their drivers work. I’m currently using a Soundcraft Notepad for my synths, and the asio4all drivers work better than the stock ones :roll: Does anyone have personal experience with Tascam interfaces and drivers? The comp I’ll be using is a Ryzen 2700x running Win 10 1909.
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Re: Tascam Asio drivers

Postby Logarhythm » Tue May 26, 2020 9:13 am

Not used the current range, but I've had a US366 for a good few years now. Best compliment I can give it is that I forget it's there. At risk of tempting fate, I can honestly say that the drivers have been completely stable and trouble-free on two W7/64 machines.

The Windows drivers haven't been updated since 2015 (launched in 2013 IIRC) so maybe not the best long term support, and not sure what I'll find when I move over to W10. Having said that, they do have a note dated October 2019 on the support page for how to install on Macs, so perhaps it's not quite so terrible.
Logarhythm
Frequent Poster
Location: On an intergalactic voyage to collect fresh electrons

Postby blinddrew » Tue May 26, 2020 10:02 am

I've got a US16x08 and not had any problems with it. I won't comment on the latency side of things because I've only used it plugged into pretty slow computers so I suspect any bottle-necks are at that end.
The drivers do seem to be updated reasonably regularly and everything runs fine on W10.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby resistorman » Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm

Thanks y’all. The Model 12 ticks all the boxes for my application, so I’m going to give it a try. My main comp has always had RME interfaces, so I’m not used to even thinking about drivers :beamup:
resistorman
Frequent Poster