You are here

Aly James VPROM VST

Post your own hardware/software reviews.

Aly James VPROM VST

Postby harddrive » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:57 am

Hi all

Anyone have dealings with this bloke? I bought the above VST plugin from him for forty odd Euro and waited patiently for some email with a link to download. After two days waiting I sought out an alternative (I needed it for a recording project) and asked for my money back. He said it was possibly in my spam folder (it wasn't) then sent me the link. Now he's ignoring my requests to get refunded.

As he resides in the south of France, I guess I'm stoofed if I want my money back, huh?

Just a warning to all if you're considering buying off him, anyway. Proper shark.

harddrive
harddrive
New here

Re: Aly James VPROM VST

Postby Steve A » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:22 am

I ordered this without any difficulties at all and am glad I did, it's an excellent plug-in which I use regularly.

I wonder if you noticed the following wording in bold print on his order page: "Once your payment is accepted you will receive an Email with instructions and VProm software link within 3 days Max, usually it is 24h."

I'm not sure under what grounds you think you're entitled to your money back.
Steve A
Regular

Postby harddrive » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:50 am

Because the product didn't arrive. Even in my junk mail folder. It wasn't until four days later he sent me the details and THAT arrived in my junk mail. 'Usually within 24 hours' is a written part of a contract there, and an expectation of me, the customer. As I needed it pretty swiftish, I entered into it. I've now, at greater expense, made alternate arrangements (as the track needed finishing) If he can't fulfil the customer's expectations then it is his issue, and shouldn't be mine.

You cite the product is good - I have no doubt it is. That is not my issue here, it is that I needed it based on his advertised schpiel and he failed to deliver.

To uphold his reputation, he should refund me and not ignore my emails and requests.

harddrive
harddrive
New here

Postby AlyJamesLab » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:41 am

harddrive wrote:Because the product didn't arrive. Even in my junk mail folder. It wasn't until four days later he sent me the details and THAT arrived in my junk mail.
harddrive

You got refunded but...
That's not what happened mate and you know it.
The plug-in got sent in 24H, the Email never got bounced back, so I don't know what happened maybe you got an auto-empty SPAM box action..
Anyway I had no way of knowing, then 3 or 4 days after I discovered your request for refund I replied and explained what might have happened with your SPAM, showing the date of the original Email sending with detailed data and proceed to immediately send fresh links which you got.
Still you maintain that you got some alternative, (there is none AFAIK :D ) at least if you want accurate emulation.. and still want a refund menacing you know people at SOS and will speak badly...I eventually did the exceptional refund on this Monday as I got the week-end off and also which I just found out you already did threat me on this forum like some sort of scam...
I get that you were on a hurry but usually like someone said above if you would need fast delivery you should contact me upfront.

I hope you know that I got a pretty good reputation not based on press adverts but on the quality of my work :shh:

In the near future I will have an automatic delivery system btw and I think this will solves those kind of crappy interactions.

hope that's clear
AlyJamesLab
AJLAB

Postby harddrive » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:58 am

Refunded.

In my defence Aly, having explained my situation and sent several emails (most of which you ignored) I have every right to be aggrieved. You should ensure 'the customer is always right' to uphd your reputation rather than force your issue upon someone who has no business in scamming you as a retailer. It's also noteworthy that the refund came when I mentioned engaging SOS and FM in story.

Case closed and lesson learned as far as I am concerned (and the track is finished(

harddrive
harddrive
New here

Postby desmond » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:03 am

If a mail doesn't get delivered, sometimes it's held by spam protection on the mail server side, unbeknownst to either the sender or the receiver.

(I very occasionally have to go and dig in there for these reasons on my host, where all my email is handled.)

Unfortunately, email can be an unreliable method of delivery, leading to frustrations all round (the receiver doesn't get what they expect and blames the sender, the sender fulfilled their end and sent the thing, sometimes multiple times, and can't be responsible for the receiver's mail delivery system.)

A direct download system (that stores purchases in a DB), and email notification as a *backup*, is a better approach to avoid these kinds of problems.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby Eddy Deegan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:05 am

This seems like an unfortunate misunderstanding of the kind that can happen from time to time, especially when weekends are involved.

To keep things fair I have approved Aly's reply to the original post, but please be mindful that this is a public forum for User Reviews, and is not the place to conduct a conversation that should be held via email.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works.
Please consider submitting an original track to the 2nd SOS Forum Album project!

Postby AlyJamesLab » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:26 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:This seems like an unfortunate misunderstanding of the kind that can happen from time to time, especially when weekends are involved.

To keep things fair I have approved Aly's reply to the original post, but please be mindful that this is a public forum for User Reviews, and is not the place to conduct a conversation that should be held via email.

Oh yeah, I just needed to respond ;)
We rather discuss the fact that latest Apple fix in Logic 10.5.1 solved and issue introduced by Logic 10.5 update i.e some people were having with multi-output plug-ins messed up in Auval, leaving only the Stereo version available. :clap:

I also confirm that the summer will have some SamPlight CMI 2X+ coming at you all :P
AlyJamesLab
AJLAB