You are here

Roland TR-8S levels

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Roland TR-8S levels

Postby robsteijger » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:50 pm

When I switch patterns/kits on my TR8-S, the volume of the individual instruments is determined by the level-sliders, not by the saved value, meaning the BD is, for instance, 255 in any pattern/kit if that's the current position of the BD slider.
Is there a way to save the instrument volume, independently of the sliders, in the same way that, for instance, the tuning is saved and only changed by the TUNE-knob when it's actually turned, not before?
It seems that any parameter (tuning, decay, reverb send etc), except the volume, is saved with the kit. This can't be right, correct?

Thanks!
A TR-8S (v1.13) enthousiast/noob.
robsteijger
New here
Rob (45, Dutch)

Re: Roland TR-8S levels

Postby The Elf » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:17 pm

I recall that the latest OS version added a 'reset back to as it was' feature after you've tweaked kits. Maybe that would work for you?

This kind of problem can be frustrating with the TR-8S. I think that Roland are a little too concerned with trying to steer it as a 'live performance' surface to allow it be the best drum machine it could have been.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Roland TR-8S levels

Postby robsteijger » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:20 am

Found it: GENERAL / ManualMode !

By the way (to make up for my noob question), I've downloaded multiple patterns from https://aira.roland.com/soundlibrary-cat/tr-8s/ and they sound awesome! They're also great for analysing and getting the grips of this thought-I-bought-a-drummachine-but-turns-out-it's-a-complete-studio.

Thanks!
robsteijger
New here
Rob (45, Dutch)