For more detail on how to access Tablet content please see this page.
Sound On Sound: Available On Tablet and Smartphone
Buy single tablet issues (in-app purchase) or subscribe for 12 months.
See our Subscription page for prices and our DIGITAL (Tablet+Web+ Full-Issue PDF) or PRINT bundle options. (Bundles are ONLY available direct from SOS, not via iTunes App Store.)
Choose your device version below and download the latest v15.0 App viewer. This app works with Tablets and Smartphones. But if you subscribe to our DIGITAL sub, it includes a Full Issue PDF you can download and view on any device.
Sound On Sound's feature-rich Tablet / Smartphone edition contains all the editorial content of the world-renowned print magazine, enhanced with audio and other interactive content.*
This is a fully bespoke App, specifically developed to optimise the reading and viewing experience.
The Sound On Sound App is free to download and will enable you to download our Free November 2020 Trial Issue and purchase either single copies or a 12-month subscription.
- Pinch-Zoom any image or advert
- Works in Portrait and Landscape mode
- Listen to audio tracks via the integral media player
- Fast text Search within each issue
- Navigate via contents page or just browse
- Fully web-linked, when used with an active internet connection
- Tablet Subs bought via the SOS Shop can be installed on up to 5 devices across a mix of iPad and Android
- And much, much more!
SOS App FAQs
Where can I download the SOS app?
What's in the Tablet edition?
The App includes all the content of the print issue of Sound On Sound magazine, enhanced with interactive screens/pictures and audio*.
Do the issues expire?
No. Once you purchase an issue you will have access to it for as long as you keep the app — even if your subscription lapses. You can choose to Archive any issue(s) and re-download them onto your Tablet at a later date.
How do I buy single issues for my Tablet?
Single issues can only be bought from within your app as an 'in-app purchase' via iTunes/Google Play stores; they are not available from the SOS Shop.
Is there any benefit in subscribing via the SOS Shop?
Yes. You can purchase the DIGITAL subscription on its own (and we now give you Tablet+Web+Full Issue PDF access) or as part of a bundle with the Print magazine. Go to the Subscriptions Dept for pricing.
- Note: Customers who subscribe/renew through Apple directly or as an in-app purchase do not receive Web+Full Issue PDF access; this service is only available with DIGITAL subscriptions bought via the Sound On Sound site.
Is the Sound On Sound App available for Smartphones?
- Yes. The v15.0 App running iOS 12.0 (or higher) and Android OS 7.0 and higher.
For any more questions or comments about our app, feel free to contact us via the App support page.
*The amount of interactive content may vary from month-to-month.
** The Full Issue PDF does not contain any audio or video content.
The above screens are for illustration purposes only and are not necessarily related to cover month date. Click here to view the full contents list of the current month.