Missing past issues? Can't find an Sound On Sound article?
- On 15 June 2016 we launched this new web site, which currently hosts 10,267 quality reviews / techniques / interviews / tutorial articles — plus news and SOS Forum posts.
- We are working hard to get the remaining issues converted into the new site format but this will take us time.
Past issues are generally being added one edition at a time to this SOS site, in reverse order, until we get back to January 1994 — although we have recently been adding individual articles or series from older issues, when requested.
Visit The Web Archive
Thanks go to a wonderful non-profit organisation called Web.Archive.org, who run their Wayback Machine service that catalogues billions of web pages from all types of web sites. This provides snapshots of the full SOS legacy site, as it used to be — meaning SOS articles not yet on our own site can usually be found in Wayback's extensive web archives.
Click this link to go to: 'Show All Issues of SOS' on Web.Archive.org — once there, select the Month/Year and view the Issue contents list. Clicking links to articles will open most of them.
Synth Secrets (May 1999 to July 2004: 63 Parts)
All 63 Parts of the classic Synth Secrets series are now on this SOS site. Show me all 63 Parts of SYNTH SECRETS
Check out our regularly updated, indispensible Glossary of technical terms from the fields of Recording, Audio, MIDI, Computers and Music Technology:
Full Issue PDF
From Janauary 2018 issue, SOS now offers our great value Full Issue PDFs each month that you can buy and download instantly. These can be viewed on your desktop, smartphone or tablet with Adobe Reader or any equivalent utility. DIGITAL subscribers get them as an added-value bonus!
- DOWNLOAD FREE SAMPLE PDF ISSUE:
December 2017 (UK edition) | December 2017 (North America edition)
- Please note: we publish the same content in the UK and North America editions, only the advertisements differ.
- Full Issue PDFs are linked to from the MAGAZINE menu above, or available in the Magazines shop department.
- The PDFs reside in your MY ACCOUNT > DOWNLOADS library and can be re-downloaded at any time in the future. More info...