Reaper’s Track Templates facility allows you to store and recall far more than a list of insert plug-ins!
Introduced way back in 2007, Track Templates have long been a core Reaper feature and they remain a really useful way to quickly recall previously saved tracks along with all of their settings and configurations. But with Reaper’s bewildering array of esoteric features, I’ve found some of these older tricks can escape the attention of newer users — so this month we’ll take a fresh look at this facility.
At its core, the Track Templates feature allows you to save a track along with all of its effects, routing and configuration, so that you can instantiate a copy of it later. It’s a really handy way to save time recreating configurations and setups that you use regularly. Say you’re...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.